Candidates must have PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER DIPLOMA
Day shifts 6:00 am to 14:00
afternoon shift 14:00 to 22:00
Night shifts 22:00 to 06:00
Personal Support Worker – (PSW) responsibilities:
1. Following the care plan, observing and reporting any substantial findings and/or changes in patient/resident/client’s behavior to the appropriate registered member of the healthcare team.
2. Performing tasks delegated to them (only if they are trained to perform the delegated task)
3. Assisting or providing total personal care such as toileting, bathing and perineal care.
4. Assisting with eating, dressing and grooming.
5. Performing sitter duty or patient watch for confused clients on agitated in clinical care settings.
6. Paper documentation of Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and other findings.
7. Reporting behavioral and clinical changes to a Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse, Resource Nurse or Manager.
8. Overall competency in working under pressure
9. Experience in providing general care and support
10. Knowledge of home care services
11. Proficient in written communication
12. Proficient in oral communication
1. Graduate of Personal Support Worker program (or provincial equivalent certificate program with minimum 600 hours in Ontario of theory & practicum)
2. Experience working with seniors in the community health services setting
3. Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
4. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
5. Strong interpersonal and customer focus skills
6. Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing personal care duties
7. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required
8. Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting/transferring clients
To qualify you must be able to demonstrate the following:
Must be cleared for a Criminal Background and Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
Call 905-792-2777/647-261-5669 (We will Call back)
Job Type: Part-time, Full time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time