We currently have an urgent need for a Procurement Manager who is strong in Logistics to join our team on a 6 months contract right away.
We are looking for an experienced Logistics/Procurement Manager to manage the company’s supply of products and services. Procurement Manager responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers.
The Procurement Manager oversees all direct and indirect purchasing, production planning activities and supply chain analytics. This position is responsible for setting inventory targets and is accountable for both achieving these targets and ensuring inventory is available to fill orders on time.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement procurement strategies consistent with overall corporate and procurement objectives
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous term
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Engage Business stakeholders proactively to identify opportunities to provide market insights, and address vendor performance and process issues
- Partner with Business stakeholders to drive cost reduction initiatives with vendors through various levers including demand management, etc.
- Prioritize and manage all strategic sourcing initiatives for managed category; coordinate efforts and provide direction with support functions
- Ensure quality of internal demand management for managed categories
- Monitor performance of vendors against contract obligations and serve as a resource to resolve issues/problems
- Manage vendor relationships and execute vendor performance management techniques in accordance with standards and guidelines
- Constantly monitor vendor market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g., entry or exit of vendors, changes in pricing)
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- 5 years of procurement experience
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, high volume environment
- Ability to work under little or no supervision
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L statements; and prepare related management reports.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service to internal and external customers
Job Type: Contract
- Logistics: 5 years (Preferred)
- Procurement: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mississauga, ON (Required)