As part of the Network Operation’s team, the Senior Systems Admin is focused on platform infrastructure from an architecture, security, availability and scalability perspective. They will be also involved in using best-in-class tools to monitor application and server health and make recommendations where opportunities for improvement exist.
Real Matters is actively engaged implementing DevOps best practises such that the Professional Services Development and QA teams are able to continually improve the software quality in their products.
The Senior Systems Admin works with the Director of Network Operations to deploy code releases, ensure servers meet/surpass all security requirements and provide continuous system improvement to meet business needs.
- Work directly with the Development, Technical and Network Operations teams to share in the process and activities required for deployment, management and monitoring of our SaaS platform
- Contributes to the architectural roadmap of the platform with regards to the platform solutions architecture in a highly available and scalable environment.
- Work with the Technology team to develop the strategy, tactical plan and to oversee the implementation of expansion to the infrastructure in concern with advances in software development and emerging technologies.
- Implementation of DevOps best practises to optimize the Dev-QA-Deploy process
- Contribute to the development of formal lab architecture documents according to the company's standard methodologies.
- Must be able to source, procure and manage significant 3rd party vendor services.
- Will be required to assist in the development of all infrastructure and network operations budgeting activities and provide business justifications for increases
- Work closely with the Security Compliance Team to validate and update servers to meet all required security compliance
- Must be able to provide after-hours support and on-call work as required.
Skills and Expertise Required
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, including Red Hat or a similar OS (5+ years).
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare (5+ years).
- Excellent knowledge of storage solutions (5+ years)
- Knowledge of / familiarity with DevOps best practises and practical applications
- Must be familiar with industry standard monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk, New Relic, AlienVault or similar
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
Education and Training Required
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- Additional technical and/or business certifications are an asset.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience with GFS2/NFS clustering, Cisco Firewalls, Apache, HAProxy, Redis, Docker
- Familiarity with Financial Industry Security Standards, PCI and NIST Framework
- Strong knowledge Experience in a professional services environment with either a software vendor or systems integrator
- Familiarity with DB Clustering
About Real Matters
Real Matters, one of North America’s fastest-growing and most innovative technology companies, has a proprietary, cloud-based real estate technology platform and network of more than 100,000 qualified independent field agents. The company optimizes the management of critical, regulated real-estate processes such as appraisals, insurance inspections, title search and mortgage closings. Real Matters serves the North American mortgage industry through Solidifi, Linear Title & Closing, and Southwest Financial Services, and the property and casualty insurance industry through iv3CUS. Solidifi is a leading independent provider of residential real estate appraisals to the mortgage market and Linear is a top-five independent provider of title and mortgage closing services in America. The company’s customers include 60 of the top 100 lenders and some of the largest insurance companies in America. Established in 2004, Real Matters has offices in Buffalo (NY), Cincinnati (OH), Middletown (RI), and Markham (ON). For more information, visit www.realmatters.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent