The KIN-DIR Education Foundation is a not-for-profit, Alberta Education approved, private ECS operator and FSCD provider, in Calgary and area. We provide multidisciplinary support for children with developmental delays and disabilities from the age 2 years 8 months old to Kindergarten age, and birth to 18 years old in our FSCD program. For children that are kindergarten age or older, and are accessing FSCD services, the Family Coach works with the FSCD Coordinator and multidisciplinary team to support the children and their families.
We are looking for a part-time (0.6 FTE) Family Coach to join our growing team. The Family Coach:
- will provide home visits to families with FSCD agreements;
- will act as a bridge between the school and home programs to share information and strategies to ensure consistency and maximize success;
- will coach the family member(s) in learning strategies that are included in the child’s Service Provider Program Plan (SPPP) and/or Individualized Service Plan (ISP), as recommended by the child’s team, to build the capacity of the family;
- will ensure that services are provided within and across routines, activities, and environments to provide contextually relevant learning opportunities;
- will collaborate with other team members (Therapists, Psychologists, site staff and other Family Coaches);
- must be able to demonstrate professionalism, including the maintenance of clear boundaries;
- must be comfortable working in a variety of settings, including childcare facilities, preschools, family homes and community facilities;
- must be able to work independently.
- Undergraduate degree in psychology, social work, child studies, disability studies, education or an otherwise related degree. Extensive experience working with children with disabilities and their families, will be considered in combination with a related diploma.
- Two (2) years of experience working with preschool children with delays or disabilities, preferably as an aide in an FSCD program
- Willingness to provide services within a flexible schedule that may include working until 8:00 pm
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Valid Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search Disclosure
- Valid Intervention Record Check
- Valid Child Care First Aid and CPR
Job Type: Part-time
- working with preschool children with delays or disabilities: 2 years (Preferred)
- Intervention Record Check (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- Child Care First Aid and CPR (Preferred)
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search (Preferred)