UBCO is currently seeking an energetic, friendly, and customer service driven full-time Front Counter employees at our Subway location on campus!
Please note this position is sessional, ongoing each year from September to the end of April (May, June, July, August off). As position is 8 months, monthly salary to start is $2,486.00 ($16.39/hour). For more information on our food vision and values, specifics on our locations, and information on our Executive Chef Shelley Robinson, check out the link: https://food.ok.ubc.ca/about/
Shifts available for this position:
- Monday-Friday, 11:30am-7:00pm
Who are you?
- You are energetic, friendly and deeply passionate about customer food and dining experiences through exceptional customer service
- You are excited about working in a fun university setting and building relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- You have the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment
- You have excellent organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work during peak periods
- You thrive while learning new things and take delight in solving problems
- You are looking for a career to develop into, not just a job. Opportunities for advancement with hard work!
- You have a Food Safe Level 1 Certificate (or willing to obtain one) and a Grade 10 education, plus one year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Why Work for UBC?
- We pride ourselves in having a dynamic workplace culture, great pay & benefits and opportunities for career growth. Here are just some of the reasons UBC is one of BC’s top employers:
- Competitive salary and outstanding benefits
- Generous vacation
- UBC Pension Plan
- Development and training opportunities
- Professional development funds
- Employee meal plan
- Tuition waiver
- Diverse portfolio offering opportunities in many different food services environments
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately
- Collects payment from guests and makes change
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual.
- Completes University of Subway® courses as directed
Grade 10 or equivalent and Food Safe Level 1 Certificate (or willing to obtain one). One year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must complete and pass associated specialized training program, if located in a specialized Skills Outlet (i.e. Tim Horton’s, Subway, Starbucks, etc).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.39 /hour