Description of Work
Shipping and Receiving are responsible for safe and efficient material control and shipping/receiving activities to support customer and operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive material, supplies and components and ensure documentation is completed correctly in traveler and job cards.
- Check received goods, ensuring conformity to certificates of compliance.
- Ensure received items are placed in stores or in designated location.
- Process pick list, transfer inventory, remove non-conforming parts when required, issue components and perform physical stock counts.
- Ensure accuracy of physical inventory counts.
- Use packaging following customer requirements.
- Package/label finished goods according to customer specifications and contract.
- Maintain adequate stock of packaging supplies.
- Process documents pertaining to the sale of finished goods and the return of warranty repairs.
- Local pickup and delivery of product using company van
- Work to and comply with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Comply with all health and safety rules and regulations.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing provided by the company.
- Report any known missing or defective equipment or protective devices.
- Report any known workplace hazards and report known violations of the Act or regulations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- GED or equivalent
- The applicant must have shipping and receiving experience and material handling/coordination in a manufacturing environment.
- Good communications, team player and working relationships skills and abilities.
- Possess a valid vehicle Licence and operate a tow motor.
- Good computer skills.
- Working Knowledge of ERP systems.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
- Open area with noise
- Subject to regular interruptions
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Load and unloading and driving of company van
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Shipping & receiving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)
- Tow moter license (Preferred)