IPSA is seeking an assistant to provide administrative support to the World Congress and Events Planning Team: the 70th Anniversary of IPSA in Paris in 2019 and the World Congress in 2020 in Lisbon.
The mandate is to contribute, simultaneously, to the organization of two events: the 70th anniversary of the Association (Paris, November 2019) and the World Congress (Lisbon, July 2020).
Prior to hiring, it will be required that the trainee declare their interest, and confirm their availability and ability (passport) to: ·
The assistant will be responsible for communicating professionally with participants and handling confidential and critical information without problems.
In this role, it will be crucial to anticipate the team's needs and work flexibly to accommodate schedules.
The ideal candidate will preferably have experience in team support, be well organized, be comfortable answering emails and be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite software.
Finally, this person should be able to write documents and assist the team in the necessary preparations for events. Bilingualism is essential (90% of communication is in English). Knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
EMPLOYMENT DETAILS AND BENEFITS
· Full time: 35 hours/week
· Duration: 11 months (Sept. 9, 2019 to Aug. 2, 2020)
· Schedule: 9am to 5pm
· Salary: $15 to $18 per hour
· 9 days of personal leave
· 22 days of annual leave (or equivalent compensation)
· Trip to Paris from 18 to 24 November 2019
· Trip to Lisbon from 20 to 30 July 2020
Hiring date: September 9, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
CORRESPONDENCE (mainly in English)
· Correspondence and follow-up with paper presenters and participants
· Correspondence and follow-up on deadlines and reminders by email
· Manage participants' emails and requests
· Manage registration cancellations and refunds
WEBSITE AND DATABASE
· Be able to adapt to several software applications
· Update the program online
· Data entry to standardize participants' institutional data
· Creation and updating of the website
· Updating program data, registrations and user accounts
· Process transactions and refunds
· Process online payments and refunds
· Assist in the reconciliation of all registration fees
· Setting up the registration desk
· Assist in the preparation of delegate badges and registration lists
· Supervise the preparation of delegate bags (on site)
AWARDS AND TRAVEL GRANTS
· Attend with travel grants and prizes
· Assist in the distribution of travel grants
· Assist in the preparation of panel schedules, special sessions, plenary sessions, receptions, ceremonies, committee meetings
· Assign rooms according to the program
· Entering information into the mobile application
· Assist in the production of the printed program
· Site development: exhibitors, rooms, etc.
· Support for volunteer recruitment and management
· Safety and first aid procedures
· Transportation and Accommodation: Coordinate travel for employees, the Executive Committee and some participants
· Food: coordinate caterers
· Plan media arrangements
· Other related tasks
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour