As Event Manager with Strauss event & association management you will oversee the event planning and implementation process. In your role you will provide exceptional customer service and organize events that exceed client needs and expectations. You will be responsible for managing all components of the client event from program development to onsite coordination.
Strauss is Canada’s most connected event and association management company with over 20 years of experience in managing healthcare and business associations and delivering signature events. We offer the expertise and industry knowledge to produce exceptional events and we elevate the performance of our association clients. Strauss is Canada’s first accredited association management company, and a proud member of the AMC Institute.
- Work with clients directly in planning and coordinating events, identify their needs;
- Estimate costs and determine event budgets;
- Oversee all event details within time limits and on budget;
- Manage event logistics including accommodations, food and beverage, meeting room setup, audio visual, and program production;
- Ensure compliance with all insurance, legal, and health & safety obligations;
- Provide clear, well-written reports to stakeholders;
- Manage timelines, budgets, volunteers, and all event details; and
- Ensure targets are met in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 3-5 years Event Management experience;
- Bachelors’ degree in related field;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to speak French is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong business relationships;
- Superior customer service, and experience in working with diverse groups of people;
- Resourceful and comfortable with ambiguity;
- Strong prioritization, organizational and time management skills; proven follow-through;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; able to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; and
- Must be able to travel up to 15 days per year or as required.
Reports To: President
Location: 503-386 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Management: 3 years (Required)