Youth Worker - Kairos Gang Prevention and Intervention Program.
28-40 hours per week
Degree or diploma in Social Work / Social Service Worker or Child and Youth Worker. Eligible for registration in your respective college or association/ in current good standing.
Qualifications/ Skills /Accountabilities
- Must possess above average skills at engaging and developing therapeutic relationships with youth age 12-20 that are involved and/or at risk of gang involvement; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be adaptable, flexible and creative, consider unique qualities of each client, operate from a strength based, client centered approach or model of care; must be sensitive to the social, linguistic and cultural diversity of the youth, their families and their community;
- Education /experience in delivering therapeutic services/programming to youth and their families;
- Education/ experience in utilizing evidence based assessments to inform intervention strategies;
- Education/Experience in case management including assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating individualized service plans; ability to work collaboratively with a probation officer for those youth referred through probation where the probation officer is case manager;
- Ability to facilitate community collaboration with key community partners;
- Ability to engage with families/ siblings, and work collaboratively to identify and support youth needs and address areas of risk for gang involvement;
- Deliver group presentations and build public awareness regarding program services;
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends, and to travel to various locations within the city of Thunder Bay and surrounding municipalities, may include outside work to bring services and supports to youth who may be homeless;
- Participate in rotational on-call system offered after business hours and on weekends.
- Must obtain a current Canadian Police Information Check with vulnerable sector screening;
- Must have a valid driver’s license, use of own vehicle and ability to secure “business use” coverage through your personal auto insurance for the purpose of transporting clients.
Kairos values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: December 20th, 2019
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $25.00 to $26.50 /hour