Prominent Eye/Vision Care Institution seeking full time, contract research manager to run and manage a busy research department. This is a one-year contract position with an option to extend and/or potential for permanent employment. Must have eye/vision science experience (Cataract, Glaucoma, Retina, Cornea). Must have a minimum 5 years experience running/managing human clinical research projects.
- Closely supervise and manage the research team to ensure research studies are completed at high standards of quality and efficiency:
- Directly manage the research scientist & research fellows effectively to ensure studies are completed on time and within budget.
- Conduct performance check-ins in order to provide regular feedback and ensure team satisfaction.
- Personally conduct elements of the research as needed to ensure the success of the study.
- Identify needs for the team (i.e. staffing, equipment, etc.) and effectively communicate needs to the organization for fulfillment.
- Research budget and project management:
- Use research costing tools and work with the finance department to estimate cost per study for reimbursement purposes.
- Manage budget to ensure budgeted costs and resource allocation for studies are not exceeded.
- Find creative ways to optimize use of staff and resources.
- Evaluation of new technology and clinical offerings:
- Support the company’s position as a KOL (Key Opinion Leader) by supporting the trial of new technology.
- Assist in the evaluation of new clinical offerings.
- Publish and present research studies and findings:
- Publish study findings using publication standards and best practices.
- Present and/or assist study physicians in the presentation of study findings at local and international conferences.
- Manage the filing of research study documents (physically and electronically) as outlined by the specific requirements of the studies.
- Secure research funding:
- Act as the liaison with industry to secure new studies and their associated funding.
- Work with the marketing team to create research department marketing and communication material which outlines the value conducting studies at PEI.
- Survey industry to find new potential studies to conduct and communicate to the organizations the potential opportunities.
- Complete the application process to secure studies by highlighting the benefit of completing studies at PEI.
Other responsibilities and expectations:
Maintain a high level of professionalism, consistency and reliability in management style in order to maintain company values and be effective
Contribute to an organization of service excellence, by helping colleagues and staff ensure the delivery of high quality and efficient patient care in a safe environment
Apply industry best practices to research management
Demonstrate exceptional teamwork with senior and middle-management team – in the spirit of creating a high performing team
Work closely with the Finance, Business Development, IT & Marketing teams to provide support for their respective projects
Work on strategic & other projects as specified by the Executive Director and Medical Director
Provide appropriate reporting, analysis and recommendations on quality/efficiency - participate in cross-functional teams to help implement projects and programs to improve overall operations
Support and positively contribute to "Organizational" projects that may be outside of the scope of research but require its input and support.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Bonus scheme
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- research project management: 2 years (Required)
- eye/vision science: 2 years (Required)
- human clinical research: 5 years (Required)