Northern Metalic Sales is a Canadian Independent Wholesale Industrial Distributor based in Grande Prairie, AB with operations across Alberta & BC. We are currently seeking applicants for an Assistant Controller to work with our Fort St. John office administrative team.
Northern Metalic Sales is part of a larger, diverse group of companies with interests in wholesale distribution, oilfield service & supply, lubricants distribution, land and real estate development, rail construction & transload, vehicles rentals & leasing, and finance.
Northern Metalic Sales is looking for an experienced assistant financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
This position is responsible for managing financial accounting and reporting activities while ensuring they are being performed accurately, efficiently, and in in accordance with established time frames and company and professional standards. This position will assist in supervising a team to ensure delegated work is timely, accurate, and delivered on schedule.
This role will require a solid understanding of all aspects of accounting, from transaction entry to production of complex financial information. Position will also have responsibilities ranging from inventory and cost analyses, cash management and reconciliations, assisting annual tax returns, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and performing other accounting analyses as requested.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly financial statements and other financial reports
· Maintain timely and accurate general ledger records
· Perform inventory transactions, reconciliations, and analyses
· Coordinate the preparation of year end data
· Oversee various account analyses and reconciliations and on-going review of journal entries
· Ensures diligent record keeping and audit trails
· Serve as liaison for corporate controllers, external accountants while ensuring financial information is presentable.
· Develop and document business process and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
· Interface with all internal departments
· Bachelors in Accounting
· Minimum 5 years of accounting experienced required
· CPA or progress towards completion would be an asset
· A strategic mindset
· Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of organization
Salary negotiable and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Reference ID: FSJ Accounting
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent