Profound Impact is a Canadian company with offices in Campbellville and Waterloo Ontario. We are developing a next-generation social engagement and interaction platform for use by universities and their alumni and faculty members to engage, discover, and measure the impact that the institution and its community have had and continues to have on the world. This transformational social media platform is targeted at a select group of technically oriented users and will distinguish itself from existing social media systems in that it is targeted at a captive audience and offers a rich set of visualization and relationship exploration tools.
Founded by entrepreneur, Sherry Shannon-Vanstone, Profound Impact believes in shared success first with employees, then with clients and thirdly with shareholders.
Job Location: Waterloo/Guelph/Oakville/Mississauga/Toronto regions, Ontario, Canada
Profound Impact is looking for a passionate AWS developer to join our growing development team. Our product is a fine combination of AWS Serverless architecture with Graph technologies. This role is highly hands-on technical, with opportunities for leadership. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in cloud-based software development and a passion for designing and implementing robust scalable and maintainable solutions in a Lean/Agile environment.
· Work with the Technical Product Manager to identify gaps from the existing platform and define a robust solution design.
· Develop and maintain architecture diagram & documents.
· Evaluate 3rd party open-source solutions and frameworks to recommend for adoption.
· Help build a strong team of skilled developers (on-shore and off-shore) with working hours of the off-shore development teams.
· Work within a cross-functional team aimed at delivering high valued solutions.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
· Minimum of Two (2) years of software development experience on serverless AWS cloud application with backend development in Node.js building API/ Microservices.
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
· AWS Solution Architect or Developer associate certification is preferred.
· Familiarity and comfort with Agile software development principles and practices.
· Strong understanding of microservices, API development, database development, authentication, AWS components and tooling.
· Extensive work on AWS Services especially: Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, S3, Cognito, EC2 & VPC Security.
Knowledge of large-scale, distributed, micro-service or event-based architectures
· Sound knowledge of Graph Storage technologies like NEO4J & Amazon Neptune.
· Experience of Data-driven projects such as ERP, Datawarehouse or Big Data.
· Comfortable in Linux and Windows environments.
· Knowledge of AWS Well Architecture Framework with Backup/Restore and automatic failover strategies.
· Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD pipeline and source repository such as GitHub.
· Knowledge of Graph UI Controls/tools
· Graph Database (NEO4J or AWS Neptune)
Industry: Education and Schools
Reference ID: AWS Developer
Job Types: Full-time, Contract