Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role
Global News has an exciting management opportunity available on its award-winning news team in Toronto, joining our team of content managers to oversee editorial content creation for all broadcast and digital platforms.
The successful candidate will be required to work regular weekends as part of this full-time management position with additional shifts as required by our dynamic news environment.
Working closely with national and local news leadership teams in broadcast and digital, this position oversees all weekend content creation on Global News platforms. This position reports into the National Director of Content & Editorial Standards.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Uphold the highest journalistic standards in content being produced across all platforms
- Assign network national and local content for weekend content across the Global News network
- Work with platform and national and local managers to lead planning, development, and execution of weekend content including building and communicating network schedules
- Oversee execution of network breaking news and enterprise content on the weekends
- Create and disseminate multi-platform, multi-market coverage plans
- Perform manager level vetting across all platforms to ensure top journalistic standards are being delivered
- Lead weekend editorial meetings and execute network communication protocols
- Support editorial storytelling production through the use of compelling graphics, expertinterviews, and strong writing
- Enforce rigorous deadlines for Multi Market Content broadcasts
- Enforce production and style guidelines for multiplatform content
- Assign and support network reporter live demands for multiple platforms
- Help support viewer relations on all platforms. Help resolve, respond to, and flag user complaints and feedback.
- Manage operational requirements pertaining to performance, labour relations, scheduling and timesheets, including strict adherence to the Global News Journalistic Principles and Practices
- Other duties as required
What We Need From You:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in journalism, communications or a related field from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a major market newsroom environment
- Proven track record of coordinating and leading remote teams
- Demonstrated understanding of how to execute strong multiplatform journalism
- Strong understanding of journalistic standards and legal obligations pertaining to storytelling on multiple platforms ie. online, television, broadcast, social etc.
- Demonstrated experience managing, supervising or leading a team is required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, effectively, and cooperatively to tight deadlines in a complex team environment
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to make independent decisions in pressure situations
- An amazing attitude that will engage and motivate teams by living into the Corus values to Win Together, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day, Think Beyond and Show We Care
- A valid driver’s licence
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.