G3 Canada Limited is a progressive and continuously growing company. As part of our commitment of building a smarter path from Farmer’s fields to the global market, we are establishing a highly efficient coast to coast Canadian Grain enterprise designed to provide a unique competitive alternative to farmers and superior service to customers and stakeholders. The integrity and resourcefulness of our people are the foundation of that commitment.
G3 Stettler County
The General Manager is responsible for planning and directing all business functions at the G3 Inland Terminal which include maximizing contribution to the corporate profitability. The successful candidate will promote G3 and adheres to corporate EH&S policies, standards and industry regulatory requirements. Builds relationships with farmer-customers, and helps to create and maintain a positive reputation for G3 in the community.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Responsible for all revenue and cost components of the Inland Terminal operating budget;
- Implements a grain procurement strategy to best position G3 for short and long term success including updating analysis of the local market, developing detailed plans to procure grain to achieve the current year’s budget targets, maintaining relevant customer and prospect data, and coaching Farm Business Representatives in best practice sales skills and processes;
- Leads a team in the operations of the Inland Terminal, which includes coaching and mentoring, goal setting and performance assessment, training and development, deploying resources and identifying resource needs;
- Ensures physical facilities are clean, efficient and well-maintained; approves minor facility improvements and recommend major capital investments supported by a positive business case;
- Manages all contract maintenance risk; including ensuring good processes are in place for all contracting issues such as sign-up and cancellations, signatures, auditing to ensure adherence to those processes;
- Facilitates accurate and timely reporting of all relevant business information to and from G3 head office, which includes information on competitive factors that may affect G3’s operations short and long term strategies;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Post secondary degree in Agriculture, Business, or related field;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience;
- Minimum 5 years in management or leadership roles;
- Previous experience at a Grain Terminal or related commercial enterprise;
- Knowledge of physical plant management and marketing;
- Extensive knowledge of grain buying and handling
If you are looking for a flexible work-life balance, a competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to grow your career, G3 will give you this opportunity. Join our diverse team of talented professionals!