Oversee coordination and facilitation of the Oasis Coffee House Evening Program, staff and volunteers. Responsible for proposal writing for program funding and monthly internal reports and reports for funders.
Schedule: Monday 12noon-3pm (3 hours)
Tuesday 3:30pm-9:30pm (6)
Wednesday 4:00pm-9:30pm (5.5)
Thursday 4:00pm-9:30pm (5.5)
- Development, promotion and maintenance of programming and activities that are suitable in engaging youth-at-risk (Cultural Bingo, Spa Night, Art, Floor Hockey, YMCA, Movie Night).
- Provide timely and accurate records of interactions with youth/partners, incident Reports,statistics, case notes and relevant documentation to supervisors/ other managers regarding youth activities, conflict, crisis situations and Health and safety concerns.
- Coordination of staff and volunteers hours for the Open Access Program.
- Assist with inventory control to ensure that food and supplies are properly stored, stocked,labeled and rotated.
- Coordinate food requirements for the program and maintain communication with kitchen supervisor regarding the rotation, storage and disposal of food.
- To attend meetings as required including staff meetings on Mondays, debriefing and relevant community meetings/speaking engagements, to heighten profile of program and recruit volunteers, support and community partnerships.
- Assist with proposal and report writing to support Program sustainability.
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures of Living Rock.
- Ensure workplace health and safety:
- To report hazard incidents, accidents immediately to your supervisor.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OH&S) and OH&S policies of the Living Rock.
- Participate in Health and Safety promotion and education meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with youth, supervisors and
community agencies and employers with whom the Living Rock partners;
- Supervisory and facilitation skills with youth and staff;
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to integration the principles of
nondiscrimination and accessibility into practice, service delivery and team
- Demonstrate knowledge of anti-racism principles and dynamics of racism in
employment, housing and barriers in accessing social services for youth from racial and
culturally different backgrounds.
- Post-secondary education and related experience in human service
Job Type: Part-time