A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
Shaw Cablesystems has an exciting opportunity for a Broadband Services Manager to join our Broadband Technology Team. Reporting to the Director, Broadband Technology.
Broadband Services is essential to delivering an exceptional customer experience that delivers on high availability and reliability for the underlying technologies required to enable all internet-based services for Residential and Business customers.
A typical day
- Managing a team of highly skilled technical and software engineering reports committed to the development of Consumer and Business Internet Services.
- Leading the design, development and testing of new technologies, platforms, products and services
- Developing technology evolution and roadmaps covering Broadband Services for syndicated and non-syndicated platforms.
- Managing fiscal Capex and Opex budgets
- Planning and coordinating project initiatives and roadmaps with management teams
- Planning and coordinating of sustainment related initiatives with management teams
- Delivering on project milestones and deliverables
- Contributing to technical standards bodies, working groups and industry associations
- Delivering internal standard practices for the application and operation of all business and consumer services technologies
- Interfacing with sponsors, stakeholders and product development to define product requirements
- Provide mentoring and leadership to individual contributors
- Coordinating resources to develop a high-level architecture that meets the sponsors’ vision and satisfies the functional and non-functional requirements
- Defining technical solutions based on product and business requirements
- Providing support in the coordination of product and marketing teams to deliver technical collateral to customers
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and influencing product roadmaps
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders within adjacent organizations
- Creating and presenting technical strategies and technology recommendations
- Coordinating operational support, analysis and resolution of customer and network escalations
- 3-5 years of management experience leading technical teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical/practical experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as experience with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of consumer/customer related internet services
- Working knowledge of Software Development best practices,
- Working knowledge in the DevOps Model
- Familiarity with protocols such as SIP, IP, TCP, UDP, LDAP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP
- Familiarity with Networking standards such as Ethernet, IP security, QoS and TLS encryption, Webmail and related protocols.
- Familiarity with Agile Development (Jira, Scrum, Kanban)
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal credit background check.
- This posting will close January 29, 2020
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.