AZ Truck Driver (Contract to Permanent)
Canadian Phoenix Steel Products is currently seeking a contract AZ Truck Driver, with a potential for becoming permanent.
You must have a valid license with clean abstract and have at least 9 years of experience, preferably transporting in the metal industry.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Operate tractor and trailer provincially and cross border routes;
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections and prepare reports for Plant Manager;
- Prepare and secure heavy loads for delivery; check content for accuracy;
- Maintain driver’s logbook on a daily basis;
- Communicate with Plant Manager on a daily basis to ensure smooth operation and timely delivery;
- Prepare documentation such as incident reports, bills of lading, etc. and report to Plant Manager;
- Perform inspection of the vehicle and report repairs & maintenance to the Plant Manager.
- Work in compliance with company policies and practices when delivering products to customers;
- Work in compliance with Ministry of Transportation and Health & Safety regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess AZ driver licence.
- At least 3 years of recent continuous experience required.
- Preferred 9+ years licensed AZ driver; must have a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Flexibility to work during the weekends/weeknights when required.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Safety minded and customer service oriented.
CPSP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only ones selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- AZ Truck driving: 8 years (Required)
- Clean driving abstract: 8 years (Preferred)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)
- AZ Truck Driver (Required)