Are you looking for a rewarding and an exciting career in Social Services and Community Living?
Strive Living Society (Strive) is seeking caring and enthusiastic individuals to join our progressive non-profit organization as a temporary full-time Child and Youth Case Manager! *This position is temporary to cover a maternity leave (approx. 12 months)*
Strive is a non-profit registered charity providing residential and community inclusion supports to children, youth, adults, and older adults throughout the lower mainland since 1988. If you can relate to our mission and vision, we want you to work for us!
Strive’s Mission is “To partner with individuals of diverse abilities to lead healthy, fulfilling lives by providing a foundation of support.”
Strive’s Vision is “Building a continuum of services to support the needs of individuals at every stage of life.”
Strive offers fully paid benefits benefits*, great learning and development opportunities, and an engaging, positive environment for a long-term career.
Why work for Strive?
· A $100 probation bonus
· Employer paid Criminal Record Check Clearance
· Paid orientations
· Paid trainings (First Aid, CPR, Mandt, etc.) and professional development
· Employer paid extended health benefits including prescription medication, paraprofessional services, vision, etc. *
· Employer paid dental benefits including orthodontic coverage *
· Employer contribution to Municipal Pension Plan (MPP) *
· Employer paid Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
· Competitive starting compensation with regular advances $28.36 to $36.21/hr
· Casual employees are provided up to an additional 10.2% of wages in lieu of benefits
· Reimbursement to upgrade to Class 4 BCDL if required (one time only upon successful acquisition)
· Competitive paid annual vacation
· Generous statutory holiday pay
· Generous paid Health Bank
· Flexible schedules to accommodate life/work balance
· Referral bonus program
· Inclusive environment with team building events and cultural celebrations
· Health and wellness activities and incentives
· Milestone rewards
· Access to community member discounts
· Ongoing support, mentoring, and recognition to help with engagement and career growth
*Some benefits have eligibility requirements of surpassing three (3) months and securing a regular position of 20hrs/week or more. The benefits and criteria may change from time to time at the discretion of Strive.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work and a Public Health Order, Strive requires all successful applicants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Acceptance of employment indicates an understanding and consent to disclosing this information supported by evidence of vaccination status.
Strive ensures the health and safety of all employees by acting with an abundance of caution and adhering to guidelines from the Ministry of Health, mandating regular safety training, and providing employees with access to personal protective equipment.
As a Child and Youth Case Manager you will be acting as a resource to children and youth in our community programs, their respective family members or care providers and support staff. In addition to coordinating and managing a caseload.
The ideal applicant shall possess the ability to:
- Work closely with involved professionals (Occupational Therapist, Behavior Consultant, Dietician, Health Nurse, etc.) to develop protocols, care plans, and guidelines
- Assist with annual program outcomes action plans and provides quarterly variance reports
- Maintain records and documentation on children and youth, care providers and support staff
- Schedule, attend, facilitate and chair Individual Service Plan (ISP) meetings. Assist in the implementation and enforcement of the Individual Service Plans. Develop, review & update ISP's
- Liaise with community members, government organizations, families, officials, professionals, and organization staff to promote community involvement in the program
- Ensure that Individual Program Plans are developed and implemented to assist personnel to carry out programs and activities with individuals served
- Assist care support staff and contractors to identify and access community resources to meet individuals’ needs such as social, economic, recreational, physical, vocational and educational services
- Train, coach, develop, supervise, and assure the performance of support staff and contractors. Conduct annual reviews with each personnel member
- Adhere to, promote and enforce Strive's Mission statement, Vision statement and Code of Ethics
Job qualifications include (if you do not have all of these, but demonstrate you are a good fit for the position, Strive may be able assist you to acquire some of these requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, and/or equivalent of education, training and experience in a related field
- Two years work-related experience as a case manager (or similar position) with infants, children and youth with disabilities
- Awareness of and respect of the human rights of persons-in-care
- Exceptional communication skills; interpersonal, written, and verbal
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet strict deadlines
- Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate & CPR Level C Certificate
- Mandt Certificate (Training provided)
- Class 5 or 7N BC Driver’s License
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Reliable Personal Vehicle and business insurance with third-party liability of $2 million
- Eligibility to work in Canada
Strive Living Society is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate against age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
Starting pay rate $28.36 per hour depending on experience.
Health Extended and Dental benefits!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $28.36 per hour
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Due to the sensitive nature of working with vulnerable clients who may be immunocompromised and to comply with a Public Health Order, Strive retains the right to ask specific health questions as part of our applicant screening process. Are you comfortable with that?
- Have you been fully vaccinated against COVID-19? Do you consent to disclosing this information supported by evidence of vaccination status?
- Do you agree to follow the Ministry of Health’s recommendations for continued COVID-19 immunization?
- Do you have a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and business insurance?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Case management: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 BC Driver's License (preferred)