The Banquet Server is responsible for banquet, weddings and meeting room set ups / tear downs and serving food and beverages during all events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up all event rooms as per guidelines given from the Event Sales Coordinator.
- Clean event rooms at end of function and re-set rooms for next function.
- Lay applicable table linens and chair covers.
- Set dishes/china and silverware accordingly.
- Prepare coffee/tea station and fill water pitchers to be placed on table.
- Prepare items to be placed on tables i.e. salt and pepper, sugar bowls, butter, etc.
- Serve meals to guests as directed by the Event Sales Coordinator.
- Provide information to guests about meal to be served.
- Attend to any guests with special needs and inform the kitchen of any dietary requirements.
- Refill water and other beverage glasses as required.
- Work bartending shifts during wedding and events as required.
- Clear tables throughout meal return dishes/cutlery to kitchen.
- Perform opening and closing procedures as required.
- Assist in keeping the banquet facilities and storage areas neat and tidy at all times.
- Bring any customer concerns/suggestions to the attention of the Event Sales Coordinator.
- Ensure all safety regulations are implemented and followed.
- Ensures the highest level of customer services for guests at all times.
- All other duties as assigned by Event Sales Coordinator.
Job Type: Part-time
The wage for this position is $12.20/hour on event days and $14.00/hour on non-event shifts. The position could require the employee to work 8-30 hours per week.
The starting date to train for this position will be effective immediately. The applicant must be available to work day time and evening hours (24-7) and for scheduling on weekday and weekend shifts. All staff are required to work on the following holiday functions: Easter Sunday, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving Sunday, Christmas Day, New Years Eve.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Must be flexible to work days, evenings and weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift heavy objects minimum 50 lbs
- Must be polite, courteous, and respectful
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work as a team or independently
- Must have reliable transportation. We are not on bus route
- 80% Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Ability to move furniture unassisted and lift 25+ lbs
- Must be able to work over 8-10 flexible hours including, mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $14.00 /hour, $17.50/hour
- serving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Smart Serve (Required)
- Safe Food Handling (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
- server: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)