2020 is an exciting year for Novartis Canada as we aim to re-imagine medicine! This is an exciting opportunity to join the Commercial Execution and Business Strategy team as we transform the established medicines business.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide insight to the leadership team about business performance and strategies of our key retail and wholesaler customers. Identify opportunities and Issues with potential to impact future business performance of our customers including competitor analysis, changes in government policy, etc.
- Utilize customer knowledge to work with Novartis divisional leadership teams, and where appropriate, brand teams, to drive identification of potential commercialization initiatives that add value beyond our traditional go-to-market approach.
- Explore/identify new business opportunities: in-licensing of products, joint ventures, generic partnerships, co-promotion, foster deals and divestment and support managing existing partnerships.
- With the regional team, bring Strategic Alliance management to the next level: Participate in negotiations with third parties - from beginning to closure of the deals (negotiations, contracts, global approval, etc.)
- Lead and develop the Manager, BD&L, Established Medicines, to empower the associate to coordinate all activities related to the marketing and management of mature products (from planning to execution) in order to maximize the value of the portfolio: Provide pro-band support for pre-generic strategies and work closely with the cross-functional team to develop the best approach in minimizing generic penetration. Manage forecasting, trade relations opportunities, price increase strategies, back-order issues, global marketing request and artwork approvals for all the mature products (as defined locally).
v=NkRcc56asWA?wmode=transparent title='Job video' src=https://www.youtube.com/embed/r/>v=NkRcc56asWA?wmode=transparent style='max-width:100%;width:400px;height:300px' type='text/html' frameborder='0'>
What you’ll bring to the role:
- University degree, health sciences or business administration, preferable with extensive (10-12 years) of sales & marketing experience within pharmaceutical industry, including at least 3 years in management position (preferably in different therapeutic areas and diverse life cycles). Sales management experience is an asset.
- Passion for the business side beyond finance.
- Strategic marketing skills, demonstrated leadership, team building and strong project management skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams with a holistic view on business challenges and results focused with high level of integrity.
- Bilingual (preferred) with excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Competitive salary, annual bonus, pension scheme, health insurance, flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme. Find out more about Novartis Canada: https://www.novartis.ca/
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis Pharma Canada