CIEL Capital is a family run private equity firm dedicated to investing in and actively growing niche businesses. Our mission is to identify, acquire, and manage small to medium sized Canadian businesses.
We are hiring an enthusiastic and motivated Data Entry Clerk / Office Administrator to join our team on a part-time basis with possibility of full-time. Under the supervision of the VP Finance and the Senior Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting day to day accounting functions for the portfolio companies and administrative duties, as assigned.
Data Entry Clerk / Office Administrator
Part-Time with Possibility of Full-Time
The Data Entry Clerk / Office Administrator provides services to the portfolio companies as follows:
- Contribute to the A/P function by entering invoices into the accounting system and maintaining A/P Registers
- Update, enter, and track credit card activity
- Prepare/update various schedules to assist in the accounting function
- Maintain cheque deposit register to assist in the A/R function, as well as make bank deposits
- Collect, sort, and distribute mail
- Manage filing system, both physical and digital
- Order and track office supplies
- Other duties as required
Skills, Qualifications, and Abilities
The successful candidate has:
- Experience with various software packages, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Some experience with accounting software would be useful
- Superior time management and organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and set priorities
- Excellent ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Strong attention to detail and a consistent high level of accuracy
- Ability to correspond effectively with all levels of management
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- The successful candidate has:
- Completed post-secondary education or relevant work experience
- Some accounting / data entry experience would be an asset
- 3 – 5 year of experience in a similar role
The Finance/Accounting department is located in Milton, Ontario.
The preferred candidate resides in the Halton or Peel region (Milton, Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington, etc.).
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Data Entry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)