Pickering Casino Resort is seeking Part-time Bartenders!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s new Pickering Casino Resort Food and Beverage team!
This exciting career opportunity is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, strong guest relations and energetic skills. Under the general direction of the Restaurant Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage service with an upbeat and positive attitude. The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing and ensuring guest satisfaction in a professional manner. This role must contribute to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees and must demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Above all else, this position must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Provides exceptional customer service to guests in an upbeat, positive and professional manner;
- Ensure safe and responsible service relative to all aspects of the sale and service of all beverage products including setting a drink rate, avoiding intoxication and inform all co-workers of guests being monitored;
- Follow and complete all cash out procedures accurately;
- Settle cash and debit/credit card payments with all patrons;
- Follow opening and closing bar procedures;
- Ensure appropriate inventory supply of alcoholic beverages and other related products;
- Ensure proper cleaning and operation of glass washer;
- Complete spillage documentation of all alcoholic beverages;
- Complete daily inventory and waste sheets prior to the end of the shift;
- Strong knowledge of standard drink recipes, menus and buffet items;
- Complete knowledge of the P.O.S. system;
- Conduct regular cleaning and sanitation of glassware, refrigerators, bar surfaces, glass washers, equipment and supplies;
- Ensure preventative maintenance of glass washer, coffee maker, pizza warmer and other related equipment;
- Comply with all alcohol related house policies, practices and Smart Serve guidelines;
- Maintain personal cash float and complete cash out procedures;
- Communicate all beverage alcohol activities at break and shift end;
- Ensure compliance with company’s health and safety policies and adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Maintain a safe environment for all employees and report any health and safety contraventions to the Food and Beverage Manager immediately;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A secondary school diploma or equivalent working experience and education;
- Minimum 2 years of bartending experience in a high volume establishment;
- Valid Smart Serve Certificate required;
- Previous cash handling and P.O.S system experience required;
- Strong wine and beverage knowledge;
- Must be people-focused, professional and committed to service excellence;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, customer service and communication skills;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
How to attend
- Location: Pickering Casino Resort - 888 Durham Live Ave Pickering, ON L1W 0C1
- Arrival Instructions: Enter through the driveway on Church Street. As you drive into the site make a right and follow the signage to the guest parking garage around the back. From the parking garage, proceed to the back entrance and head towards the Starbucks. I will meet you there at your scheduled time.
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)
About Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax
WHEN YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU’LL GET MORE THAN A JOB. YOU’LL GET A CAREER.
We are a diverse team, consisting of members of various cultural, linguistic and socio-economic backgrounds. Our growing facility currently has a combined total of over 2,200 slot machines and more than 90 live tables games & 52 gaming terminals.
Our mission is to provide our customers the best guest experience possible, every day. To do that, we depend on a large team of talented, ambitious people who share our passion for excellence 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year!
Perks and benefits
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!