Competition Number P09972
Posting Title Enrolment Services Specialist
Classification Band 7
Location Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon Campus
Building Saskatoon Campus, Idylwyld Dr.
Date Posted 02/11/2020
Closing Date 02/20/2020
JIQ # 60060
Start Date 02/11/2020
Open Until Filled No
Category of work Full Time
Bargaining Unit Professional Services
Hours of Work Regulated 36 hours (5/4 work pattern)
Salary Range $26.07 - $31.18 per hour
Temporary Market Stipend
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
Posting Status Open
Job Duties/Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
Under the direction of the campus assistant registrar, the enrollment services specialist (ESS):
1. Provides information, services and support to programs, students, prospective applicants, and staff in the areas of application, admission requirements, selection criteria to programs, registration, grading, transfer credit, PLAR, fees and refunds, student loans, transcribing and credentialing.
2. Reviews and assesses applications for admission to determine if applicants’ academic credentials meet program admission requirements. The ESS will be required to interpret and assess both Saskatchewan and Canadian education credentials.
3. Works in partnership with programs to ensure program enrollment remains at or close to capacity level. The ESS is responsible for admitting and registering students, maintaining waitlists of qualified applicants, and managing equity seat enrollment targets.
4. Rolls, builds and maintains course sections for students and creates course blocks in SIS (Banner Student).
5. Registers students by course blocks and by course registration numbers.
6. Assesses and collects tuition fees, calculates and approves tuition refunds, troubleshoots refund discrepancies, signs student loans, and tracks sponsored students and student loan activity.
7. Produces official transcripts and program completion documentation including statements of achievement and certificate and diploma parchments.
8. Works closely with other key departments (i.e. Call Center, Recruitment, Counseling, Finance, Bookstore, Printing Services) to ensure seamless student service.
9. Enters, changes and maintains information in Banner Student to create the official student record.
10. Uses reports and other technical tools to make decisions, communicate with students, audit and correct information, and provide both general and statistical information. Makes decisions and judgment calls based on analysis and interpretation of data.
11. Explains, audits, and enforces institutional policy and procedures to ensure equal treatment of students and consistency across Saskpolytech campuses.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Completion of Grade 12 plus a recognized business diploma, or an equivalent combination of training, education, experience and responsibility will be considered.
2. Three years’ recent, relevant work experience performing office and administrative work.
3. Demonstrated experience using database applications at the advanced level including data entry and manipulation, report generation using parameters, data merges, and preparing, interpreting and using data to make decisions.
4. Demonstrated experience at the intermediate level with computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
5. Effective interpersonal and communication (listening, oral, writing, proofreading) skills.
6. Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to calculate averages and percentages, analyze information to determine trends and ability to make complex independent decisions and judgments using general guidelines.
7. Demonstrated strong organizational skills, including the ability to establish work flow priorities, meet deadlines and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to work as part of a team within registration services, academic and student affairs and with assigned programs.
9. Ability to draft and edit correspondence independently.
10. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain high concentration levels and a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment and open work area with continuous distractions.
11. Ability to work effectively with a variety of people such as deans, program heads, extension consultants, instructors, students, parents, counselors, student associations and equity groups.
12. Demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations effectively under pressure including explaining and enforcing institutional policy and handling complaints and appeals.
13. Demonstrated valuing diversity.