Technical Director - New Creation, Resident Show
July 2019 – December 2020 (approximately 18 months)
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As an ambassador of the new production you will plan and manage the production of all technical aspects of a new show to meet all creative and operational requirements according to stated parameters, timetables and budgets. To do so, you must ensure a high level of cooperation between all internal and external creative stakeholders.
You will be known to:
We want to meet you if you have:
- Analyze the feasibility of concepts, ensuring that the technical parameters are well defined and the establishment of issues reflects the established parameters for all technical elements;
- Establish the needs, plan and follow up the production of each of the show’s technical elements;
- Ensure the production sequence is consistent and all necessary interrelations are appropriately integrated;
- Ensure all stakeholders are well informed of the proceedings of the project’s technical aspects and notified on time when difficulties or unexpected situations arise;
- Ensure the technical, technological and set design quality of the show;
- Oversee the creation of the show’s technical documentation;
- Help plan and implement the hiring plan for the technical team;
- Ensure the production of the show’s technical elements, including proposals, plans and quotes, tenders. production, delivery, testing and adjustments with Cirque standards and requirements. This includes various stage components, special effects, sound, stage lighting, set design, acrobatic equipment, backstage equipment, musical equipment and any other technical equipment required.
You will love to:
- Minimum ten years’ experience in technical show production;
- Experience in implementing a new creation in a theater;
- Experience in circus arts show production an asset;
- Experience in an international context;
- Ability to deal with the nature of the creative process;
- Experience in team management;
- Experience writing technical specifications, in procurement processes, and in the installation and use of specialized theatre systems;
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written and German speaking and reading an asset;
- You must be available to work in Europe for an approximated period of 4 months
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Eat at our cafeteria and discover its gourmet menu;
- Host meetings while watching artists in training;
- Work out at our gym or play volleyball on our outdoor court;
- Take public transit or to park at the Cirque’s expense;
- Get involved in our community.