The Mountaineer Lodge is a family owned and operated hotel in the heart of Lake Louise Village. We offer 80 guest rooms in a variety of sizes to accommodate guests. Operating on a year-round basis, the Mountaineer Lodge provides a supportive management team and a friendly learning environment for those interested in gaining experience in the hotel industry.
Responsibilities are as follows, but not limited to:
- Supervise all Room Attendants as they perform their duties.
- Assign all room lists and assign them to teams of Room Attendants when the Head Housekeeper is not available.
- Check all rooms to ensure the quality of work is maintained and clear them for the Front Desk.
- Coordinate the stripping of the rooms with Laundry and the Room Attendants.
- Assist with basic guest services and housekeeping duties when short handed: to include bed making, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning bathrooms and rooms, laundry and general maintenance.
- Ensure all Housekeeping Rooms and carts are fully stocked with linens, amenities, and cleaning supplies.
- Work quickly, efficiently without compromising quality of work.
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
- Report any technical issues or maintenance needs to the Hotel Manager.
- Ensure that all Occupational Health & Safety policies and training are followed.
- Be a member of the Emergency Team.
- Experience as a Housekeeping Room Attendant and/ or Supervisor is preferred.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Customer oriented and friendly.
- Leadership skills
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Must have a valid work permit for Canada to be considered.
- Staff Accommodations available to all employees.
- Performance end of contract bonus
- Staff activities (Limited due to Covid-19)
- Friends and family rates at Mountaineer Lodge and Mount Robson Inn (Jasper) based on availability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 - $23.00 per hour
We have adopted and exceed Alberta Health and Alberta Hotel Association recommendations for safe work procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and guests. As we learn more we adapt and update equipment, supplies and protocols.
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)