Position is at Marcello’s Independent City Market 1022 King Street West.
- Champion and exemplify exceptional customer service and satisfaction through consistent application of store process and standards.
-Train, coach, and motivate employees to maintain a strong sense of productivity and engagement.
- Execute department programs through effective merchandising techniques, suggestive selling and building attractive displays.
-Monitor financial objectives and ensure that budgets are met through efficient operation of each department, keeping an eye on gross profit, labour productivity, operational expenses, inventory control, net contribution and shrink targets.
- Maintain the highest level of sanitation and cleanliness, ensure all safe food handling practices are adhered to at all times.
-Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Exciting opportunity for a candidate who has 3-5 years experience in a food retail environment as well as have experience in Meat, seafood, HMR or deli would be an asset.
- Past supervisory prep leadership experience in an assistant managerial or managerial role is an asset.
-Excellent communication customer service skills with a talent for building leadership and customer loyalty.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- System skills (SAP and PC applications)
-The ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to work shifts including evenings and weekends
Job Type: Full-time