At Northview, we are a passionate, community-focused team dedicated to making our properties the best they can be. We are proud to live, work, and play in the neighborhoods we serve, next to our residents, hotel guests and commercial tenants across Canada.
We are looking for a Room Attendant to join our Hotel team in Yellowknife, NT. Reporting to the Operations Manager, Hotel, you will perform routine duties in cleaning and servicing guest rooms, under the supervision of the housekeeping supervisor. Room attendants promote a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly, and should also be able to address guest requests and problems.
- Enters and prepares the room for cleaning
- Dusts the room and furniture
- Make the bed(s)
- Replenishes guestroom and bath supplies
- Cleans the bathroom
- Cleans the closet
- Vacuum the carpets
- Check and secure the room
- Perform rotation cleaning duties as required
- Attends to guest call, guest requests and guest complaints
- Responsible for following the standard operating procedure
- Clean, organize and restock housekeeper cart at end of shift
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Multi-task and detailed oriented
- Must be able to work efficiently, completing the set standard number of rooms per shift
- Professional attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to climb stairs numerous times a day
- Effectively communicate with guests, co-workers and management
- Competitive pay
- Extended health care including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, drug coverage and wellness programs
- Discounts on rent at Northview properties
- Vacation travel subsidization for northern employees
Northview is a leading property management company operating in six provinces and two territories. We manage over 11,000 multi-residential units, 1.1 million sq. ft. of commercial space, three hotels and 200 executive suites. We are proud to live, work, and play in the neighborhoods we serve.
As a condition of employment, all Northview employees are expected to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or can provide reason for exemption based on a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate their vaccinated status or reason for exemption before they start work with Northview. Northview will review and consider requests for exemption and will accommodate where required. Personal preference is not sufficient grounds for an exemption.
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the communities we serve, please submit your resume in confidence to www.rentnorthview.com/about/careers. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue through the selection process will be contacted. Northview welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation, please contact the Northview HR Team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Housing allowance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement: