Are you looking to lead a growing development team?
Are you looking to build innovative and engaging casino products?
Are you seeking for a varied and unique challenge with a growing company?
If so, we are looking for you to fill our role as Sr. Manager, Software Development to lead our development team. You will lead, manage and inspire an agile and growing team of talented software engineers that are responsible for building and operating a wide variety of gaming products. The ideal candidate is a strong leader who is technically deep with a track record of delivering new releases on time while still ensuring great quality. The role may include travel throughout North America and worldwide to conferences and client locations, so the candidate must have a valid passport and willingness to travel.
We will provide a competitive salary, stock options, and an attractive company benefits package.
Job Type / Category
Key duties of this role include:
- Leading and hiring new members of the Software Development team, currently with 5 direct reports.
- Attract, hire and groom top-notch engineering talent. We are looking to grow the team to approximately 10 developers by mid-2020.
- Support software engineers in their career development.
- Ensure software engineers have the tools and resources to be the best they can be
- Apply industry best practices to improve development process.
- Work closely with engineers, product management and other external/internal customers to solidify overall requirements.
- Drive the program execution of the software from product definition through successful release and ensure effective transfer to the support team.
- Engaging with customers to assist with business development, customer service, and customer retention activities.
- Collaborating with Product Management, Manufacturing, and Systems Engineering departments on the development of the Company’s electronic casino products.
- Resolving complex issues using reliable and sustainable solutions.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor's Degree or Diploma/Certificate in a related field.
- 4+ years of prior experience in software development as a top-notch engineer
- 2+ years as a proven leader, managing a team of dedicated software engineers with a high standard of excellence
- Experience in team management (minimum 2 direct reports) and a demonstrated proficiency for team leadership.
- Valid passport, driver's license and willingness to travel periodically.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities in English.
- Successful completion of a police background check since this position will have access to sensitive areas of casino properties and will be subject to jurisdictional licencing.
- Knowledge of and passion for casino and card games is preferred.
- Well developed personnel and time management abilities.
- Professional demeanor and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to make independent decisions within a loosely-defined framework.
- Experience with SQLServer, T-SQL development, stored procedures and data analysis
- Experience with SOA architectures and Restful APIs
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration frameworks and tools
Jackpot Digital Inc. is a leading electronic table games manufacturer for the cruise ship industry and regulated casino industry. The Company specializes in multiplayer gaming products, including poker and casino games, which are complimented by a robust suite of back end tools for operators to efficiently control and optimize their gaming business.
Job Type: Full-time