About Cresa Toronto
Cresa Toronto is a division of Cresa Global – the world’s largest occupier only commercial real estate firm.
For the last 25+ years, Cresa has provided unbiased, conflict free advice to commercial occupiers across the Greater Toronto Area. We work alongside our clients to align their business plans and their real estate needs, increase their productivity, and consistently save them money.
Cresa Toronto has over 60 talented people working towards a common goal of providing excellent client service.
We’re looking for sharp, tenacious business minded individuals to join our Business Development Representative team. We are not an average brokerage and we don’t expect you to be either. If you love the art of selling, enjoy rolling up your sleeves and making the impossible happen – we’re looking for you.
In this role you will be directly responsible for qualifying, nurturing and closing prospective clients through phone and e-mail contact. You will be strategically prospecting C-suite executives in the office and/or industrial stream over the phone and initiating the sales process. To succeed at this, you’ll have to be willing to be comfortable reaching out to clients across the spectrum of industries and have a great approach to turning a cold call into an engaged prospect.
You will be joining a two-year training program that provides you with the tools, knowledge and guidance to become a successful Advisor, Sales Representative. At Cresa, we believe in continuous learning and development. Throughout your career at Cresa, our senior leadership team will mentor, coach and train you, and challenge you to become an engaged, client focused, knowledgeable member of the Cresa Toronto family.
Success in this role is measured by consistently hitting and exceeding targets and building industry relationships to provide market knowledge to the team.
- Research, identify, qualify and prospect for potential new clients and secure new business.
- Cold call the qualified prospects to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet with potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Set meetings with key decision makers.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Develop an understanding of market trends, absorption, and the underlying metrics used to analyze real estate markets.
- Manage meetings with prospects, draft offers to lease and understand and present corresponding financial analysis.
- Develop strategic thinking to anticipate issues and risk.
- Understand and manage transactions from inception to completion.
- Track and record activity and ensure data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM, Salesforce.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Comfort in calling up your leads to have discovery conversations and explaining the Cresa Toronto occupier exclusive value proposition.
- Ability to set up client meetings to discuss their business and real estate requirements.
- Experience activating sales leads and can efficiently manage a robust pipeline of leads. Bonus, if you have worked with Salesforce before.
- Consistency in achieving and exceeding your targets in generating new business.
- Excellent communication skills - you must be able to make a strong sales pitch.
- Above average time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to work independently, as well as thrive in a team environment.
- Comfort in cold-calling and speaking to people.
Connect with us on social media!