G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, financial services/banking properties, and transportation and logistics sites.
We are currently seeking reliable and flexible guards who are looking for casual hours. Accessibility to your own reliable vehicle is a must. Commitment and flexibility are a must. Full-time opportunities are arising frequently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Access Control for the facility/area
- Manage high volumes of guests at various points throughout the property at highly attended events and/or performances
- Present a polished, professional, customer friendly image at all times
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents quietly and deescalate without impact to other guests
- Patrolling inside and outside as required in the post orders
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Client Services Manager
- Demonstrate judgement, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous record-keeping, report writing, and observational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Valid Provincial Security Guard licence
- Minimum High school education/equivalence
- 1- 2 years of relevant security experience preferred
- Flexible/open availability
- Ability to pick up shifts on short notice
- Accessibility to own reliable vehicle
- Must be able to attend upcoming 2 day assessment program and start working as soon as possible
G4S has sites in several different areas for this position situated throughout Cambridge and close by such as Waterloo, Kitchener, Guelph etc.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Job Types: Temporary, Casual
- security: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Security Guard License (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)