AST Trust Company (Canada) is a full-service, tech-enabled professional services firm that helps companies and security holders across North America maintain momentum through the use of secure corporate data, analytics, advisory services, and a strategic approach to every interaction.
AST and its affiliates and divisions, including D.F. King Canada, are dedicated to supporting clients throughout their organization’s evolution. From IPOs to specialized transactions, activist investors to M&A support, we help companies streamline operations and increase efficiencies. We lead the industry with a comprehensive portfolio that includes transfer agent and registrar services, corporate governance, proxy and ownership services, equity plan solutions, corporate trust and structured financial services.
What we offer you
AST is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to partake in the recruitment process.
About the role
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) & Accountant is a dual role, integrally involved in both Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A). The SFA&A will be expected to perform senior accounting responsibilities to ensure the overall accuracy and integrity of our financial accounting records, perform a wide range of financial analysis to support business decision making and budgeting/forecasting processes, as well as to prepare various reporting packages for our management, board and regulator stakeholders.
- Month-end close process
- Prepare own, and review and approve peer, journal entries
- Prepare and analyze financial results, and ensure any corrective entries are made
- Provide commentary against trend, budget, and forecast, as required
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare Board, Senior Management reporting packages
- Responsible for timely and accurate tax filings
- Responsible for timely and accurate regulatory filings
- Co-ordinate with preparation of the annual audited financial statements
- Financial Analysis
- Provide financial modelling, analysis and decision support for key business and financial decisions
- Develop/enhance models which support the annual budgeting and forecast process including, the financial impact of alternate scenarios and key trends.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental compliance with regulatory and risk management framework.
- Provide guidance to Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivable to ensure accuracy.
- Review billing data to ensure all sales orders are properly prepared in accordance with established policies.
- Assist the billing analysts with queries from relationship managers or customers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Expected to interact with all levels of the organization
- CPA designation, required
- College diploma or university degree, or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of experience with relevant work experience, preferably in financial services
- Financial services industry experience, an asset
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Current IFRS knowledge
- Financial modelling skills, required
- Bilingual in English and French, an asset
- Flexibility and willingness to work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients with the proven ability to understand clients’ needs and develop the appropriate solutions
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a team environment as well as an effective independent worker
- Poised under pressure and multitasking a heavy workload
If this sounds like you, then AST encourages you to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter as one document as part of your application.
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Contract
- Finance: 7 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 7 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 7 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)