Fountain Tire is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join the Finance team in our South Edmonton Corporate Head Office.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family including RRSP matching
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization
- Educational Allowances that support individual growth and development
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle, including flex days and an easy commute to our office located close to the Calgary Trail and Southside Anthony Henday
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations
Why work for Fountain Tire?
- We are one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers for 2017 and 2018
- We are a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- We are one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards
- We continually strive to expand our operations in existing markets, as well as new markets and currently, we have over 160 stores from BC through Ontario
The successful candidate will support the Program Finance Managers and fellow Program Finance associates in the production and release of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting. Duties will include:
- Support the Business Operations Accounting Manager in the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Support the field with guidance on accounting transactions, processes, and investigation of any related queries.
- On a monthly basis conduct the proper analysis, prepare and record the necessary entries to ensure that:
- Month end is accurately completed by specified deadlines; including the completion of all items on the month end checklist which are assigned to you.
- Intercompany reconciliations are accurately completed by the specified deadlines.
- Subsidiary records for accrued purchases agree to the general ledger.
- On a quarterly basis ensure:
- That other significant balance sheet accounts are reasonable and any necessary entries are recorded by the specified deadline.
- Quarterly financial statement reviews are completed with the management team and the necessary entries are made by the specified deadline.
- On an annual basis ensure:
- Participation and manage some aspects of the store budget process, ensuring complete and accurate budget delivery by the specified deadlines.
- Budget support provided to the stores and operations is effective.
- Assigned year-end tasks are completed by the specified deadlines.
- Prepare corporate tax returns as required.
- Support in the management of stores current and future corporate taxes.
- Inventory count support provided to the stores is effective.
- Co-ordinate the store inventory count process, including resource allocation and count schedule development.
- Calculation of the store’s dividend capacity amounts and accurately tracking, recording and updating dividend requests.
- Provide financial analysis and planning to aid in making future business decisions
- Assist in the development and implementation of various financial models
- Participate in the documentation, recording and completion of share transactions, new store start-ups and closures as required.
- Ensure compliance with query management and communications policies.
- Ensure journal entries are processed in accordance with the current policy.
- Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire.
- Support the Reporting and Analytics team in the completion of monthly, quarterly and adhoc reporting as required.
- Complete working papers, lead sheets and other risk analysis, including the necessary entries to ensure accuracy of the financials by the specified deadlines.
- Participate or lead special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a head, heart and hands approach to coaching and mentoring of team mates that supports personal and team growth.
- Lead the completion of special projects leveraging teamwork and collaboration that results in innovative and simple, win-win solutions.
- Leverage creativity, data, tools and collaboration to address curiosities that provide actionable insights to the businesses.
- Leverage knowledge, collaboration and creativity to build “Make it Simple” reporting, analysis and modelling solutions.
- Contribute to a positive environment that maximizes potential and productivity that is safe, collaborative and respectful.
- Contribute to a culture that makes work fun and commits to growth through learning & development and personal performance enhancement
The necessary experience, knowledge, skills and abilities required in the role:
- Completion of the CPA designation.
- College Diploma with a major in Accounting and 5 to 7 years of related experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX would be considered a definite asset.Communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to work with a variety of people in a team environment, including individuals at an executive level.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of financial statement preparation and reporting.
- Demonstrated professionalism when dealing with financial information.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external associates.
- Proven organizational and time management skills in order to effectively manage multiple priorities and competing demands within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with an attention to detail in order to research and escalate issues.
- Demonstrated initiative in recognizing opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- A willingness to learn.
- Working knowledge of tax return preparation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other Financial Reporting software (FRX, Targit, Forecaster, TaxPrep).
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on-line. In office resumes will be accepted by reception only.
- Vacation & paid time off
- On-site parking
- Bonus scheme
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year