Project Resource Manager
GP Strategies https://www.gpstrategies.com/ (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement company committed to providing flexible, customized learning and development solutions that align to our customers business, cultural and regional requirements. Our top priority is providing the expertise and skills needed to make organizations perform at their peak.
GP Canada Co., A division of GP Strategies, is looking for a dynamic, motivated, results-oriented junior/intermediate Project Resource Manager to work onsite at a client in the western area of Toronto. This is a full-time contract to the end of December 2019, with a possible extension into 2020.
Motivated by challenges, a self-starter, with a proven track record managing learning and e-Learning projects from inception to implementation and closure. Candidates must be people and service-oriented leaders who are results-driven, innovative, problem-solvers and embrace change.
This role is client-facing and relationships will be key as things move quickly. Building mutual trust is fundamental to running a successful project. The Project Resource Manager will be responsible for
- Resource management for a large, complex and fast-moving project
- Managing a team of 6-8 Instructional Designers
- Executing on a project plan, making sure resources are busy and meeting timelines
- Managing the deliverables, ensuring on-time delivery
- Providing direction and motivation to the team
- Managing client SME, third-party partner and vendor relationships
- Managing project schedules, work flow and facilitating meetings
- Tracking and communicating project status, issues, risks and decisions to management team and client
- Report to Program Manager
- An excellent project and resource management track record (5 years minimum), ideally with managing resourcing for large, complex projects with lots of changes.
- Experience with e-Learning or other learning type projects.
- Client-facing experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with virtual team members, SMEs and other 3rd party vendors.
- High level of Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project.
- Able to work independently and with minimum supervision.
As well as the skills and attributes listed above, the following would be considered an asset:
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS), e-Learning standards (AICC/SCORM, xAPI), instructional design, and multi-media production
The successful candidate will be offered a compensation package that is both competitive and commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.