We are looking for a passionate, creative, and experienced content marketing creator to join Tellwell’s marketing team! You will be responsible for creating and managing content across all channels including Tellwell’s website, email campaigns, lead magnets, landing pages, social media channels, newsletter, blog, and other content marketing initiatives.
You will work closely with our lead generation specialist to support existing and new campaigns, playing a key role in driving our content marketing strategy. This role will report to the president and will oversee the social media coordinator, and work with the newsletter content team, designers, contractors, and external partners as required.
Location: Remote Canada
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
We are hiring a full-time member to join our marketing team. We are recruiting across Canada for this remote position, with hours coinciding with 9-5 Pacific Standard Time, with some flexibility.
We are an experienced and friendly team of publishing professionals who give authors an exceptional publishing experience. Tellwell is a thriving and growing company with roots in Victoria, BC, and an international office overseas helping English-speaking authors leave a legacy across the world.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES (WHAT YOU’ll DO)
- Create written and video content for marketing and branding purposes with the goal of increasing conversions, as well as amplifying and enhancing the Tellwell brand.
- Be responsible for the content on our Tellwell website, including writing copy, producing visuals, creating videos, and updating the website as needed.
- Oversee the content on our social media channels, including working closely with the social media coordinator to ensure the content is engaging and on-brand.
- Create video and/or webinar content as needed, including being comfortable on-camera if required, shooting video, recording voice-overs, and editing videos.
- Shape the content marketing strategy by offering your innovative ideas, applying your expertise, and bringing your creative mindset to discussions and weekly growth team meetings.
- Oversee the production of the monthly newsletter and blog content, with the support of some other internal contributors.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties on Tellwell marketing projects.
- Look for ways to improve our processes, share resources, tools, and learnings, improve efficiencies, and increase productivity.
- Draft quarterly and annual priorities, with the guidance of the president and in collaboration with our lead gen specialist.
- Meet with, and report to, the president on a weekly basis, communicating cascading messages, issues, and ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS (WHO YOU ARE)
- You have 3+ years of experience working in a content marketing role.
- You have experience in writing copy for marketing and promotional purposes, including creating and designing lead magnets, SEO-friendly blog posts, landing pages, websites, email campaigns, etc.
- You enjoy capturing content and are comfortable being on-camera when creating video content for social media, webinars, and other video collateral as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally.
- Professional experience using Canva to design graphics, promotional,, and marketing materials.
- Experience in creating and editing videos, webinars, and reels.
- You are productive and focused at work with a consistent track record of hitting or surpassing goals and meeting project deadlines.
- You are a team player and enjoy working on diverse teams, with people located internationally and across time zones.
- You are humble to know that you won’t always have the answers and to ask for help when needed, and hungry for knowledge, to learn from others, and to develop new skills.
- You love books and are an avid reader and/or author yourself.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary: $50,000 - $55,000 depending on experience
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Talented, friendly, and supportive teammates and management
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, why you think you are a good fit for the position and why you want to work at Tellwell. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We will begin reviewing applications on August 22nd and encourage candidates to apply prior to that date. Prescreen interviews will take place the week of August 22nd with formal interviews scheduled for the week of August 29th.
Tellwell launched in 2015 in Victoria, BC with a mission to create a more vibrant culture by helping people share their stories through books. Our purpose is to remove the barriers to publishing and make the process easy and fun for authors. We are a one-stop shop indie publishing house offering full-scale publishing and marketing services to authors who want to self-publish their books.
Our goal is to become the leading assisted self-publishing company in Canada while continuing to expand our international author base in the United States, Australia, and Europe.
Our core values are passion, talent and the pursuit of excellence, teamwork, positive candor, and entrepreneurial spirit.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Work from home
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-08-22