Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Reporting to the leader of Energy Marketing, the Manager, Market and Analytics is responsible for leading the economic, operational and financial analysis function as they relate to Liberty Power Company (LPCo) profitability, competitiveness, and growth opportunities. This is a strategic position that provides assistance to and supports the accountabilities of Energy Marketing & Asset Management and fulfills a strategic analysis role within a team environment, and also is responsible for development of proprietary tools, processes and systems that enable decision-quality analysis across LPCo.
As LPCo continues to grow and mature, incremental changes or improvements in asset revenues, availability and cost optimization become increasingly important. In order to fully realize these gains, informed decisions based on proprietary tools with reliable data is key. The Manager, Market and Analytics will be an evangelist of best practices in data science and analysis methods, as well as serving as the role model team for it in practice.
- Build and oversee the data science and forecasting function within the Liberty Power portfolio of assets.
- Lead the LPCo organization's adoption of advanced analytical tools, while also being an evangelist for best practice in analytics and data governance broadly.
- Support development and execution of short, medium and long term energy marketing strategies. Provide analysis to demonstrate performance of strategies and identify areas to improve performance.
- Create and/or support complex, long term energy marketing strategies by summarizing key drivers and make strategic recommendations on how to mitigate potential threats and capitalize on upcoming opportunities
- Prepare and develop in-depth analysis of issues that impact LPCo profitability. Working with cross-functional team to develop processes that enable the business to better manage commercial and operational risks.
- Develop, present and execute roadmap for further development of LPCo analysis and forecasting capabilities in era of "big data"
Education & Experience
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business or Economics.
- Holding a Master'sin Modeling / Analytics, Mathematics or Computer Science is strongly preferred. Work experience and other non-formal education will be considered in lieu of Master's level education
- Must have 5-10 years' experience in industry
- Must be proficient in coding in R and Python software packages.
- Economic Research, analysis and modeling skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail
- High degree of motivation and flexibility, ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines, ability to mentor and teach junior staff,
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp is a North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility with $10+ billion of total assets. (APUC) delivers continuing growth through an expanding pipeline of renewable energy development projects, organic growth within its regulated distribution and transmission businesses, and the pursuit of accretive acquisitions.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
The generation business group (Liberty Power, formerly known as Algonquin Power) owns a portfolio of regulated and long term contracted North American based wind, solar, hydroelectric and thermal powered generating facilities representing more than 1.5+ GW of installed capacity.
What we offer
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.