Job title :
KOOTENAY BNDRY RGNL HSPTL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Work where you matter! Interior Health’s Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) invites applications for the role of Plumber. KBRH is looking for a knowledgeable Trades Qualified Plumber with experience in commercial building and maintenance who holds Class B level Gas Fitter’s License with electrical endorsement.
KBRH’s Plant Services as a whole provides services and support for the safety and comfort of patients, staff, and visitors by maintaining the physical environment, grounds and systems. As a member of the KBRH Plant Services team, you will perform skilled plumbing work at the journeyman level in the installation, construction, alteration, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and/or service of plumbing equipment and systems, in compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
Reporting to the Plant Services Manager or designate you will draw upon your ability to review work requests from user departments including interpreting blue prints and specifications to determine the scope of the materials and equipment required; perform operational and safety risk assessments; install, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and/or replace items such as pipes, valves and fixtures, and plumbing systems such as pneumatic tube systems, laundry equipment, washers, sterilizers, medical gas piping and outlets, irrigation, fire sprinklers, freezers, coolers, and ice machines; and install, test, maintain and repair natural gas lines, appliances, equipment and accessories in accordance with the British Columbia Gas Safety Code.
Shift times are 7 am to 3 pm Mondays through Fridays with weekends and statutory holidays off. As a permanent employee, this position is eligible for Interior Health’s 100 percent employer-paid benefit package and enrolment in Pension Plan.
Interior Health’s Plant Services as a whole provides a cohesive team environment where collectively everyone contributes to the success in how the hospital operates and provides health care services to the communities it serves. Enjoy a steady income and generous vacation time with a full benefits package for you and your immediate family member. If this position sounds like an opportunity for you, apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Plumber.
- Class B level Gas Fitter’s License with electrical endorsement recognized by the Province of British Columbia.
- Two (2) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.