Registered Technologist - CT
Permanent Part Time
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Registered Technologists who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Coordinates and participates in all x-ray and computerized tomography scanning procedures, producing excellent quality radiographs. Responsible for efficient and safe operation of the all x-ray and CT scanner and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures. Majority of shifts will be in CT with some shifts in x-ray.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
- Diploma (Degree) in radiography from an accredited institution.
- Must be a member in good standing of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO).
- General radiography and current CT hospital experience is required.
- Certified in contrast injection is required.
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
What else do you bring?
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Post graduate education pertaining to CT scanning is an asset.
- Membership in CAMRT/OAMRT preferred.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- This position is represented by OPSEU
- Primary assignment in CT. May be assigned to all areas of the Medical Imaging department at Mackenzie Health including all offsite locations.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.