Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Do you want to join a highly collaborative software development team?
Would you like to continue growing as a Java Developer?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Team lead, Software Development
This is a great opportunity to join at team of developers where you will be directly involved in the front and back-end development of Longo’s online grocery delivery service, Grocery Gateway as well Longos.com.
What you’ll do;
- Collaborate with end-users, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of enhancements and new software programs and applications
- Use knowledge and familiarity with related programming practices and software systems to provide analysis and resolutions for the software development team
- Develop, design and maintain custom applications that are based on the user requirements
- Provide end users with knowledge and training on how to use the applications effectively
- Perform encoding, testing, debugging, and installation of programs and procedures
- Ensure that programs and procedures and accurate and operate proficiently
- Documentation of all development and customizations to allow proper communication of project results
- Creating effective diagrams and coding logic flowcharts
- Ensure that the user’s requirements are met through established guidelines
- Provide on- call support and problem resolution for programs and applications
What we are looking for;
- University of College Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5 years Software Development experience in relation to designing and developing applications using Java EE / Core Java and mobile applications.
- 4 years experience in developing web applications (Spring MVC, JSF, Struts).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Junit, Git, Linux
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases such as Oracle DB
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of related technology advancements and enhancements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, willing to learn, take ownership, and follow tasks through to completion
- Highly adaptive, comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, technical environment
- Team oriented with ability to work collaborative
- High attention to detail and ability to problem solve
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6