Cermaq Canada is currently looking for permanent full time Cleaning & Sanitation Supervisor to join our team at our Tofino Fish Processing Plant.
- Compensation: $22.00 to $30 per hour (DOE), production bonus, matching RRSP contributions and company paid benefits
- Shift: Monday to Friday evening shifts (dependent on processing schedule)
- Hours: 8 hours per day starting in the afternoons (overtime may be required)
- Location: Tofino, BC
- Housing: Accommodation or living allowance will be provided for this role.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role, and to provide leadership to a team of at least 3 employees.
- To be able to learn and comply with Cermaq Canada Processing Quality Management Program to meet the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and other governing body standards.
- Strong leadership skills to manage the day-to-day operations of the cleaning and sanitation of the processing facility.
- Safely handling, using, and storing cleaning chemicals
- Ensuring your team works efficiently to properly clean and sanitize the rooms in the processing plant.
- You will report to the Plant Manager and Quality Assurance Manager, the progress of the cleaning and sanitation of the facility and any issue formally and informally on a regular basis.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role in a processing plant preferred.
- Previous training in HACCP preferred but we are willing to provide the training to the right candidate.
- The ability to be thorough in completing your tasks and have an exceptional eye for detail
- Great interpersonal skills, communication, and problem-solving skills. Receiving and giving feedback to peers and supervisors; sharing successes and concerns.
- You are willing to work with chemicals and perform physical labour work
- Knowledge of chemical and sanitizing agents and how to use them would be considered an asset
- Any type of previous work experience you may have performing a cleaning job would also be considered an asset
- This position requires you to work afternoon shifts into the night if needed.
- Prerequisites to hiring include a physical fitness test, criminal record check, and reference checks.
- Only applicants who are legally allowed to work in Canada will be considered.
How to Apply:
For more information about this opportunity please visit our careers page at www.cermaq.ca. or apply via Indeed. You are only a click away from feeding the world. Be a part of the solution, join the Cermaq team.
If a suitable candidate is identified, this position may be filled prior to the closing date.
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
Cermaq Canada has a progressive view of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples. Although wholly committed to hire the best candidate available, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples for this role.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected start date: 15/11/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$30.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to reliably commute or relocate to Tofino, BC for this job?