360°kids has been a leader in the delivery of innovative support services for over 30 years as we work to improve the lives of homeless and at-risk youth and families in York Region. We are a vitally important community agency serving all of York Region. At 360°kids, we provide a unique continuum of care approach with a range of programs and services that are essential to the health and well-being of children and youth.
With a high level of enthusiasm, the successful candidate is eager to contribute to an inspiring organization that makes significant impact within our community. The candidate will be self-motivated and driven to succeed with a “solutions-focused” attitude. Inspired to contribute, and ready to work hard and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, the individual must be passionately inspired by our mission.
The Site Supervisor of the 360°kids After School Program will provide day-to-day organization and operation at the assigned site including on-site supervision of program staff, participants and volunteers. In partnership with program staff the Site Supervisor will facilitate various activities that promote physical activity, healthy eating and nutrition, positive personal development and wellness; and engage and support elementary and primary school aged children and families in our community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Along with the Program Facilitator instruct and participate in a variety of physical activities aimed at engaging students in fun, recreational and life-long learning objectives; coordinate and provide a healthy snack to all participants within the program guidelines while accommodating all dietary restrictions.
- Supervise and support all participants, on-site staff and volunteers. Evaluate, coach and mentor reporting staff on a regular basis.
- Supervise the set up and take down of the program materials and equipment including storage of equipment, ensuring the facility is left in a clean and tidy manner.
- Work in consultation with the Team Lead to select and facilitate age appropriate activities aimed at achieving the desired outcomes.
- Apply appropriate strategies to support children in managing their behavior, thereby maintaining a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
- Carry out daily risk assessments and ensure the supervision of children during activities inside or outside the school by maintaining appropriate staff/children ratios and effective deployment of staff.
- Ensure that the health and safety needs of the children are met and all health and safety issues are dealt with immediately and appropriately.
- Respond to the individual needs of children and establish stable and consistent relationships with each child and their families/caregivers.
- Liaise sensitively with parents on matters concerning their children while maintaining confidentiality,
- Report on a regular basis to the Team Lead regarding issues of need and/or concern. In the event of a crisis or critical incident, immediately report to appropriate level.
- Follow appropriate policies and procedures of 360°kids. Ensure that the program operates in line with 360°kids’ mission, vision and values and activities comply with applicable standards and laws.
- Complete all mandatory recording and reporting including daily documentation, statistical data collection and completing registration forms. Provide reports and related information to the Team Lead and/or Manager of Programs as required.
- Liaise with participants, parents, school teachers, principal, community partners, coworkers and volunteers. Develop positive relations with the communities being served by the program and with the general public.
- Assume responsibilities of all petty cash expenditures according to 360°kids’ guidelines including balancing petty cash and documentation of daily operating costs.
- Attend All Staff meetings and training workshops that pertain to the role.
- Participate in regular supervision meetings and performance appraisal meetings on a monthly basis.
Job duties take place in a school setting, including classrooms, outdoor playground areas and gymnasiums. Regular afternoon shift.
Frequent standing, walking, running, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Ability to use various sports equipment used in program.
- Locations available in Markham, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Aurora, Newmarket
- From 8 to 16 hours a week, Monday – Thursday, on-site program delivery 2:30pm to 6:30pm
- Remuneration $15.00 per hour
- Driver's License and access to a vehicle an asset
- We are recruiting for part time contract as well as relief/on call positions
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Child/youth related field (e.g. Early Childhood Educator, Sport and Leisure, Child and Youth, Social Worker, Psychology, Sociology, Kinesiology).
- Minimum one years’ experience with leading children/youth activities program.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Experience working in camp and school settings is an asset.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification required and current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check) required.
- High 5/High 5 Sport, Fundamental Movement Skills training an asset.
- Leadership skills including motivation, delegation, coaching/mentoring, empowerment and demonstrated initiative.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing with all levels of staff, the public and program participants while maintaining objectivity.
- Effective time management and organizational skills is required to complete daily tasks as well as monthly reports.
- Capability of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, staff, community agencies and the public.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office with the ability to prepare and write and maintain reports/records.
- Ability to effectively perform job duties with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work as a team member in a dynamic, complex environment and organize time and workload effectively with demonstrated problem solving ability.
360°kids is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. 360°kids offers accommodation for applicants in our recruitment processes, if you are contacted regarding a job opportunity please advise if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- working at a camp or school setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)