Bilingual Recovery Specialist
The incumbent will analyze consumer loan (personal loans, lines of credit, overdraft protection, Visa) files and residential and multi-residential mortgage loan files transferred to collections for Laurentian Bank, B2B Bank and B2B Trust. He or she will initiate the collection processes under his or her responsibility and rigorously monitor deadlines and costs for the services provided by external and internal stakeholders.
- Establish contact with debtors directly or through a service provider and negotiate payments based on the anticipated loss limits.
- Instruct the appropriate suppliers. Prepare and assign various mandates to external stakeholders (foreclosure, repossession, legal procedures, sales, etc.).
- Rigorously monitor service providers, deadlines and collection costs. Submit explanations of overruns, along with solutions to resolve them, to the assistant manager.
- Analyze external stakeholders’ evaluation reports for foreclosed assets and determine their market value. Recommend a reserve price and a floor price. * Analyze and negotiate offers to purchase repossessed assets put up for sale to maximize the sale price within its limits. Submit appropriate recommendations to superiors when losses exceed their limits.
- Analyze and negotiate offers to purchase repossessed assets put up for sale to maximize the sale price within its limits. Submit appropriate recommendations to superiors when losses exceed their limits.
- Process correspondence received (contracts, letters, bills, cheques, evaluation reports, etc.). Ensure that the information complies with the decisions made in the file. Communicate with external stakeholders to receive explanations of cost overruns and missed deadlines and negotiate agreements to the Bank’s satisfaction. Submit contentious cases and cases that exceed his or her discretionary authority to superiors.
- Answer ad hoc requests from external and internal stakeholders and debtors. Obtain and/or provide stakeholders with the information required to advance the various collection processes.
- Compile the information gathered in the different systems throughout the collection process.
- Represent the Bank at mediation sessions, at small claims court and at legal proceedings against debtors.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s legislation, policies, programs and procedures and ensure service provider compliance as well.
- Suggest improvements to processes and actively take part in the business unit’s various projects.
- Carry out any other similar or general task requested by the superior or required by the position.
- Compile and analyze data pertaining to the underwriting of loans transferred for collection for the purposes of repossession, debt protection or legal proceedings. Prepare a written report for each file with anomalies.
- University degree in an appropriate field and a minimum of two years of experience in collection OR College diploma in a relevant field and a minimum of three years of experience in collection
- Bilingualism (French/English) is mandatory
- Good knowledge of bank products
- Good knowledge of the various types of collection and recovery in different provinces
- Knowledge of SIBL, FDR, Profyl, Clouseau and Workdesk an asset
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Above-average analytical skills and quick, confident decision-making skills
- Autonomy in carrying out tasks
- Ability to organize work by objectives to attain and business unit priorities
- Good spoken communication skills
- Ability to process a number of files at the same time
- May require occasional travel to appear at court mediation sessions
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- English (Required)
- French (Required)