Our Mission at Pethealth Inc. is to bring vitality to lives… furry and otherwise. This includes pets, and the people who care for them; our employees, our partners, our customers, our business and our communities.
Law Clerk/Legal Assistant
Are you currently seeking a new exciting and fulfilling career within a high-growth industry that does meaningful work?! If so, Pethealth may be the purr-fect fit for you! We are looking for people who are hungry to learn new things, genuinely love animals and essentially to help support both dog and cat owners through utilizing their expertise as a Law Clerk/Legal Assistant!
Pethealth Inc. – a Fairfax company – Is the leading provider of services to shelters, pet owners, veterinarians and those seeking to become pet owners in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We’re here to aid pet owners in keeping their pets healthy and making sure they can always find their way home.
Why Work for Pethealth?
About this Role:
- Competitive salary
- Three weeks’ paid vacation
- Company paid Medical/Dental Benefits
- Flexible Hours – Work from Home Days!
- Free pet insurance for your furry loved one
- Discounted GoodLife Fitness membership
- Employee bonus plan based on company performance
- Annual performance reviews with opportunity for merit increase!
- Active Social Committee and Company Events!
- A fun and casual environment – Jeans are welcomed!
The Law Clerk/Legal Assistant will provide legal support to the General Counsel within the Pethealth Leadership Team. This role will be responsible for conducting legal research, assisting with legal memoranda, contracts, legal casework (including civil litigation and regulatory matters), presentations, and working with a multi-faceted team advising on legal and compliance matters.
- Provide legal support to the General Counsel
- Act as a secondary point of contact with vendors, clients, customers and internal departments with respect to drafting, proofreading, making revisions, amendments and approving contracts
- Prepare, conduct and organize presentations and legal memoranda alongside General Counsel
- Prepare for trial by preparing trial briefs, exhibits, subpoenas, evidence and motions
- Assist with trademark and other regulatory filings
- Work closely with business units on new and existing projects and initiatives, providing assistance and advice on legal and compliance requirements
- Assist and provide advice to various departments on customer service matters
- Update job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading legal publications; maintaining personal networks
- Carry out general administrative duties such as filing, scanning, photocopies, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legal drafting ability of first drafts of litigation documents, memo and review and redline contracts
- Excellent prioritizing skills, organization and attention to detail
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving ability
- Execute critical thinking and analysis in conducting legal research on a global scale
- Proficient in Rules of Civil Procedure and Court Forms
- A self-manager with the ability to take initiative and work independently and in a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong Microchip Office skills and technical aptitude to learn and use various software system
- Post-secondary accreditation for law clerk
- Post-secondary accreditation or equivalent experience in business administration or insurance is an asset.
- Certification with the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario is an asset
If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are to provide it to someone great, we encourage you to Apply Today!
We look forward to learning more about you and providing further detailing of the Law Clerk/Legal Assistant opportunity!
We thank all candidates for their interest, . If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email within 7 business days. Pethealth is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, race, disability, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.