Responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting all areas of event sales, catering and event execution. Working alongside the General Manager, and under the strategic guidance of the Operations Manager, the Events Coordinator will successfully plan and organize events at our flagship location, and act as a key member of our customer relations team during peak operating hours. As a highly visible member of the team and an ambassador of our brand, you are guided by and live our Company’s values - Be Real, Have Fun, Own It, and Grow with Us.
- Ensures successful execution of client events whilst adhering to related policies, procedures and processes.
- Networks and seeks out new clients; participates in local hospitality meetings and events.
- Effectively manages new leads and existing clients
- Works with sales team on event packages
- Negotiates and oversees client event contracts with timely delivery to client
- Ensures that deposit and final invoices are generated in a timely fashion in accordance with company guidelines
- Provides outstanding customer service through bookings / sales inquiries through to receiving and oversight of group bookings and peak operations
- Plans and coordinates timeline and logistics of an event, including room space, guests, catering, set-up and break down
- Stays up to date on current event trends
- Manages internal and external event staff and vendors
- Involved in all aspects of event (ability to jump in where needed to ensure event is successful)
- Tracks catering food/bar costs and profitability
- Grows internal and external relationships on behalf of the Colony Bars
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in coordination / administration of events, event planning, or a field with similar responsibilities;
- Comfort with creating and building upon client relationships;
- Demonstrable leadership and decision making skills, appropriate to scope of role;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Approaches tasks from the perspective of excellent customer service;
- Understands and works within budget constraints;
- Comfortable negotiating terms of a contract, within scope of role;
- Resourceful and creative problem-solving, lateral thinking skills;
- Highly collaborative, curious, and communicative
- Available to work during peak operating hours including evenings and weekends (weekly schedule will be adjusted to accommodate within the working week)
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Educational background in sales, marketing or events;
- Previous experience in hospitality and events;
- Previous experience with GSuite and TripleSeat considered an asset;
- Previous experience in casual dining hospitality at server, supervisor or manager level;
- Awareness of the local marketplace including competitor brands is an asset;
- Interest in sports, food, music, pop culture, nightlife;
- Ability to work flexibly, including evenings/weekends as may be required
You can expect a supportive and flexible working environment, development opportunities, competitive compensation, statutory holiday pay as applicable, vacation pay, and an attractive Company perks package including an employee discount and priority access to our events.
This is Blueprint's team reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from everyone, and especially welcome interest from people with disabilities, those who identify as BIPOC, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ communities.
Expected start date: 2021-06-28
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$43,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
All Colony locations operate under a regularly reviewed COVID-19 Safety Plan.