Journeyman Autobody Technician
McNaught Cadillac Buick GMC
We are looking for an experienced Autobody Technician with a valid Journeymen Certificate to join our growing team. You will play a crucial role in terms of the customer experience by completing the work required to reunite clients with repaired or restored vehicles.
Reporting to the Collision Centre Manager, you will work with the greater collision centre team to determine vehicle repair requirements and provide accurate repair recommendations to our clients. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to mentor, coach and train apprentices.
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Clean working environment
- Up to date equipment
- Paid health and dental plan
Your Key Responsibilities
- Determine vehicle repair requirements.
- Review damage reports, prepare and review repair cost estimates and plan work to be performed.
- Perform quality repairs on a variety of vehicles.
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment.
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches.
- Use hydraulic pressure machines to align damaged components.
- Adjust or align headlights, wheels, and brake systems.
- Replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place and remove, install, align and repair panels.
- Repair or replace interior components.
- Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment.
- Fit and secure windows, vinyl roofs, and metal trim to vehicle bodies, using caulking guns, adhesive brushes, and mallets.
- Inspect repaired vehicles for proper functioning, completion of work, dimensional accuracy, and overall appearance of paint job, and test drive vehicles to ensure proper alignment and handling.
- Replace damaged glass on vehicles.
- Cut openings in vehicle bodies for the installation of customized windows, using templates and power shears or chisels.
- Monitor and take part of active cleanliness of shop and equipment.
- Move vehicles as required for shop production.
- Mentor, coach, train and support the development of apprentices in the dealership.
- Demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Red Seal Certification would be considered an asset.
- Completion of a related post-secondary program and or training courses.
- I-CAR certification training and I-CAR welding certification would be considered assets.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and the ability to operate machinery and tools required to complete repairs.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to meet physical demands such as heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time and using power and hand-held equipment.
- Some experience with working with Estimators to complete quotes.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving history.
- Excellent customer services skills and ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Open to continuous learning and development.
We are committed to investing in people with ambition, drive and a strong desire for success. To join the exclusive team at McNaught Cadillac Buick GMC, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portal of our website www.autocan.ca
Founded in 2006, AutoCanada started with 19 dealerships managed by our head office team out of a tiny office in Edmonton. Fast forward 15 years and we currently operate 63 dealerships in eight provinces and the United States. As anyone can tell you, with fast and significant growth comes growing pains and due to that, in the past we have experienced our share of changes.
Transformation is the one constant in the automotive industry and AutoCanada is no exception to that. Where we are exceptional however, is that we are a company who takes a chance on inexperience over technical prowess if that inexperience comes with strength of character and work ethic. A company where grit is more important than degrees and designations. A company where our dealership and head office teams are our partners, not our employees. A company where loyalty and perseverance are rewarded, and where investing in our people is the greatest investment of them all.
We are in pursuit of an elite team to take our publicly traded, Canadian-born and raised company, to the next level in automotive excellence and, as the exciting industry of automotive continues to evolve, our story, and that of our 4,200 team members, will continue to transform.
For more information about AutoCanada we invite you to visit www.autocan.ca, @AutoCanada or www.facebook.com/autocan/. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.