Full Time, Temporary
As soon as possible
Secretaries (Except Legal and Medical) (1241)
NOC Job Title:
Expires in 0 days
Vancouver, British Columbia
Provides a variety of administrative, financial, and program support services.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Provides clerical and administrative support, including preparing and processing a variety of correspondence, proofreading documents, screening mail and telephone queries, organizing and maintaining electronic and paper files, distributing information, and maintaining inventory systems.
- Uses a variety of software including electronic mail, graphics, spreadsheet, and departmental information systems to produce and distribute correspondence, summaries, and/or reports, set up address lists, prepare overhead and/or computer presentations, input financial and other data into relevant data systems, and maintain records and databases.
- Coordinates and maintains the schedule for the unit and/or direct report, including the review, processing, and screening of all incoming materials and communications. Prioritizes relevant material, monitors deadlines, and responds to requests for information as required.
- Arranges and schedules workshops, conferences, and meetings. Drafts agendas and prepares and distributes background information, documentation, and materials. Takes minutes of meetings, summarizes information, highlights decisions and commitments, and distributes to participants.
- Researches, verifies, compiles, consolidates, prepares, and distributes unit or program information and communications for general meetings, working groups, and other requests for information.
- Communicates with First Nations and health program authorities to provide or obtain information, or to respond to inquiries regarding a unit’s administrative requirements.
- Makes travel arrangements, clarifies travel expense entitlements, completes documentation, and forwards travel expense claims and invoices to financial staff in order to complete expense claims.
- Purchases goods and services required by the unit, commits expenditures in departmental financial system, verifies credit card statements and invoices in accordance with financial regulations and procedures, provides appropriate financial coding for payment, inputs into and maintains financial tracking system and records, reviews financial expenditure and control reports, monitors, reconciles, and forecasts operational budgets, and prepares variance reports as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12, including completion of one year of post secondary education in Business or Office Administration, plus one (1) year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
How to Apply
Dec 26, 2019