Responsible for the facilitation of programs for families/caregivers and children from birth through six years of age.
- Keeps daily statistics on program attendance.
- Participates actively as a member of the Child and Family Staff team.
- Consults with other staff at regular team meetings to review the quality of programs provided and to resolve any problems that arise.
- Reports all concerns about space e.g. problems related to the upkeep and maintenance of space to supervisor.
- Ensures there are adequate supplies in all locations to maintain the high quality of program.
- Consults with Supervisor with any recommendations for new programs or improving existing programs.
- Follows and ensures implementation of Malvern Family Resource Centre’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure all relevant documentation/records are maintained
- Attends staff meetings, training sessions, Child and Family related workshops, and other MFRC related events
- Provides written reports as required
- Additional duties as required
- Plans and facilitates developmentally appropriate programs for parents/caregivers and children
- Develops developmentally appropriate programs for infants and toddlers in the nursery-setting while their parents/caregivers are in parenting programs
- Participates in the development of monthly program plans
- Implement themes into developmentally appropriate crafts and other activities during the programs
- Provides families/caregivers with information and resources on early child development
- Support families/caregivers by providing agency referrals and contact information
- Explain to families the importance of interacting with their children during the program
- Models appropriate adult-child interactions at all times
- Facilitates programming at a variety of satellite sites
- Assists and facilitates workshops for families and caregivers as directed by the supervisor
- Develops and facilitates the kindergarten readiness program during the summer
- Ensures all programs are accessible and safe, and that the program environments facilitate the achievement of child development outcomes
- Prepares room, sets up furniture and equipment for daily programs
- Undertakes necessary housekeeping duties such as cleaning and disinfecting toys, washing equipment, laundry, and preparation of snacks
- Ensures that health and safety guidelines are followed in each location
- Ensures that all program policy and procedures are adhered to in relation to current legislation
- Mentors students and volunteers
- Assists with client assimilation into other ongoing programs at the Centre
- Conducts outreach and shares information with community networks and individuals
- Liaises with school staff, community partners, front-line and supervisory staff at any satellite locations
- Participates as a resource person and guest presenter for other program and community groups on early childhood and agency related topics
- Impact of Errors: Major errors can occur in the following areas indicating the worst consequences. Due Care is therefore required.
- Liability: Potential corporate liability. Injury to child due to improper screening of volunteers and staff.
Skills, Education, Experience and other Requirements:
- E.C.E. Diploma/Degree required
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, verbal and written communication skills
- Program development and implementation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting
- Skills and experience working with multicultural clientele and marginalized clientele
- Commitment to anti-racism and non-discrimination practices
- Valid Driver’s License with access to a car
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines
- First Aid/CPR or a willingness to obtain prior to employment
- Commitment to non-discrimination practices and an anti-oppression framework
- Assists with other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to comply with policies regarding confidentiality, privacy and record keeping
- Criminal reference check is required
Salary and Hours of Work:
- $41,500 per year plus benefits
- 37.5 hours per week including evening and weekend work as needed.
- Position will report to the Program Coordinator
Good working environment; works with interruptions in a busy Centre; shared office space with some exposure to children’s noises; lifts children, boxes and equipment; assembles toys and equipment; travels to various satellite locations; travels to community meetings if required.
Malvern Family Resource Centre is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are contacted by MFRC regarding a job opportunity and need accommodation through the hiring process, please contact us at www.mfrc.org
Job responsibilities are subject to change under the direction or assignment of the Manager and Executive Director, in consultation with the Board of Directors.
Job Type: Full-time
- RECE (Required)
- G (Required)