Who We Are:
Kent & White Insurance is one of the largest insurance brokers in Northern NB. With our unwavering commitment to the community, and building a comfortable environment for our customers, staff, and our community, we are one of the fastest growing brokerages in Atlantic Canada. We are hiring for the position of Receptionist to assist in servicing our growing number of clients. This is a permanent full-time position, with a ton of potential for growth!
It’s simple; comfort. Our reason for being is to create a genuine feeling of comfort in all that we do for our employees, customers and communities.
We put integrity first
We respect humility, and nothing more
We are a friendly group of people
Our customer’s best interests are our best interests
True experts keep learning
We take care of each other
The role of Receptionist will be filled in our Bathurst, NB Office.
The role of reception is critical to Kent & White Insurance. On top of managing first impressions and setting the tone with our customers and insurance partners, the receptionist is also the air-traffic controller of the company. In our bustling office, thinking quickly on your feet, and excelling in customer service are critical components for success.
As a receptionist you will promote the core values of Kent & White Insurance with our current clients. Reporting to the Executive Assistant, you will be responsible for directing in-person, phone and web inquiries to the appropriate people, answering basic insurance questions as appropriate, scheduling meetings with our broker team, and a variety of administrative tasks.
You will learn from our incredible Executive Assistant, who has filled the receptionist role for the past 4 years (we promote from within!), with continued support from one of the best teams in the industry. With many roles continuing to open as Kent & White grows, you will have the potential opportunity to consider additional personal lines roles, as well as roles opening in our ever-expanding commercial department.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are more concerned with your character than current skill sets. We believe that skills can be taught, character cannot be.
As our ideal candidate, you are:
- Frankly, Awesome: you are a nice, hard-working person who is looking to feel more like part of the family than an employee. You’re easy to get along with, and a pleasure for or team and clients to deal with;
- Outgoing: You are confident to call clients, attend networking events, and put yourself out there to grow our personal lines business;
- Results Oriented: You have a drive to achieve in your professional life and surpass goals;
- Detailed: You can pay attention to the minor details, and ensure processing is completed accurately;
- Community Focused: you are a person who likes to get involved in the community and takes pride in a company who feels the same;
- Fluent in our two beautiful languages: You can easily switch between French and English to ensure that our customers are served in the language of their choosing;
- Pretty Bright: You pick up new concepts quickly and can apply your knowledge in order to problem solve;
- Adaptable: You understand that change is a constant and can see the big picture when new processes, or technologies are introduced. You can adapt to changes quickly and easily!
Our nice to haves:
-Two years or more in an office environment;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products;
- College or University degree;
- Experience is not necessary, but office experience considered an asset.
Our Work Environment:
- We value hard work, and commitment. We look for people who are looking for a long-term career, with the potential for upward mobility;
- Our working hours are 8:30 to 4:30 with occasional extended hours during busy season, or to accommodate a client’s schedule;
- We are a professional, but friendly office that strives to create an extremely comfortable atmosphere;
- We are dedicated to ongoing learning, and pay for all Insurance CAIB designations, and additional training;
- We offer a benefits package, optional RRSP matching, paid volunteer days, and paid vacation.
Application deadline: 2020-07-24
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Our office is open, but at a reduced capacity. We currently only have walk-in traffic for payments. We have rigorous cleaning and processes in place internally.