To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, Reliance Home Comfort is looking for a high energy and results focused individual for the following role:
Reliance™ has been providing affordable, reliable home heating, cooling, hot water, water purification and plumbing products and services to Canadians for more than 50 years. Our customers know they can count on us for fast, friendly, knowledgeable service and advice – and that’s comfortable!
Every day, 2200 Reliance team members focus on delivering a great customer experience, attracting great talent and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2018, we donated over $475,000 to United Way and $200,000 in product and services to Habitat for Humanity. This untiring dedication is what will drive profitable growth and help us fulfill our vision: to be the fastest growing and the largest provider of heating and cooling systems, and water heater, plumbing and water purification services in North America.
Reliance is a $750 million business today having doubled in size and team members over the last 5 years. We are proud to be recognized by Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, while our CEO Sean O’Brien was recognized as one of Canada’s most admired CEO’s, and a Glassdoor ‘Best Places to Work’ winner. Reliance is passionate about our team members’ growth and success, and we proudly offer a Technical Training Assistance Program, access to tuition reimbursement and additional paid apprentice leave for eligible team members. Progressing team members’ careers helps us maintain our reputation of having the most knowledgeable technical Team Members in the HVAC industry. Contact us today at R2@reliancecomfort.com to learn more.
You will be responsible for creating a positive relationship with Reliance customers as you professionally provide residential plumbing diagnostic, repair and installation services.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each and every call.
- On-site problem diagnosis, accurately estimate repair costs, fixed right the first time and continual value-added communication with the home owner
- Install, maintain and repair all types of piping systems, fixtures and other equipment used to distribute, supply or dispose of water or wastewater; including fixtures systems and appliances in residential buildings
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools or machines
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Set priorities and work assignments to meet established deadlines
- Perform diagnostics, repair, maintain, service and install equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Perform general and specific equipment inspections
- Correctly instruct customers on proper care and maintenance
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all modern equipment and regulations
- Explain the value of Reliance products, services and programs on every call
- Must be a licensed Plumber (306A)
- 5+ years in Plumbing would be ideal
- Must have a driver’s license with clean drivers abstract
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience in Refrigeration, HVAC, Electricity, and Mechanics an asset
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally .
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.