Job Posting: Personal Support Worker – Casual
Competition #: FMT-19-105
Posting Period: Open
Wage Rate: $22.97 per hour
Employee Group: Fairmount Home
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) is part of an interprofessional team providing basic care and support to assist residents with their basic physical, psychological and social needs in accordance with an established plan of care. The PSW works with residents who may have a variety of health related issues. The PSW is the primary basic care and support provider to residents and supports the effective operations of the Home. The PSW will carry out the duties in alignment to the organization’s mission, vision and values, and work to further its priorities.
Education & Experience:
· Grade 12 or equivalent
· Personal Support Worker certificate from a recognized Community College and/or an accredited program as legislated in the Long Term Care Homes Act
· Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience as identified in the Long Term Care Homes Act may be considered including Graduate Nursing Assistant, Registered Practical Nurse, Graduated Nurse, Registered Nurse
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the Gentlecare® philosophy
· Demonstrated understanding, acceptance and commitment to promoting the Home’s mission, vision and values
· Demonstrated commitment to resident/client-centered service/care
· Demonstrated respect for individual differences and competencies
· Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to communicate information to a diverse audience base
· Demonstrated professional work ethic and behaviours in interaction with internal and external contacts and the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely with ease and confidence in a professional, consistent and positive manner
· Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with the ability to function within a fast-paced environment, responding with flexibility to changing priorities
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to change within an environment with a continuous process improvement mindset
· Demonstrated ability to be a team player who is able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, clients/residents and the public
· Basic computer proficiency with solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to use patient care software applications (e.g. MED e-care)
· Demonstrated ability to adhere to confidentiality while exhibiting discretion and good judgement
· Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
· Satisfactory Criminal Record – Vulnerable Sector Check
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one document outlining your skills and qualifications as they relate to the position, quoting the competition # to:
Candace Keller, Human Resources Generalist .
For a complete list of duties and responsibilities, please see the job description.
The County of Frontenac is an equal opportunity employer. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process and applicants must make their needs known in advance. The County of Frontenac values a diverse workforce and the unique differences that each individual brings.
Launch Your Career #inFrontenac
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.97 /hour