Tidewater has an immediate opening for a Junior Process Engineer reporting to the Manager of Process Engineering & Business Development. This is a full-time position based in Prince George, BC.
The PG Refinery Process Engineers provide technical process engineering support to the daily operations of the Prince George Refinery. Each team member has designated operation units that they are responsible for developing and monitoring operating targets with a key focus on safe and reliable operation. Process Engineers are expected to identify plant vulnerabilities, frame business opportunities, resolve process issues in a timely manner, and work effectively as a team with area coordinators, environment, maintenance, and engineering personnel.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Monitor and develop the day-to-day operating targets and specifications of the PG Refinery responsible units identifying and communicating any deviations and corrective actions required.
- Identify and communicate unit performance capabilities through mass and energy balances, process simulations, performance test runs, catalyst evaluations, and vendor/specialist consultations.
- Participate in multidisciplinary plant wide and corporate initiatives related to reliability, safety and the corporate standards and procedures of the Operational Integrity Management System.
- Participate in process hazard assessments for responsible units that are initiated by the management of change process, engineering work requests and unit PHA revalidations.
- Involved in planned and un-planned outages including troubleshooting, shutdown support, initial/final process equipment inspections, found work, and startup support.
- Participate in responsible units Root Cause Analysis and incident investigations utilizing Sologic and other investigation methodologies.
- Provide process engineering support to evaluate, generate and identify feasibility of Engineering Work Requests (EWR) based on personnel safety, process safety, process reliability, unit efficiency, and profitability.
- Work effectively with operations to make continuous improvements to plant safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Complies with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position's responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- Working towards a Professional Engineer designation recognized by EGBC or APEGA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Demonstrates personal and process safety
- 0-4 years’ experience as an EIT
- Exceptional data analysis and interpretation skills
- Able to complete multidisciplinary initiatives in timely manner
- Knowledge of ASME and API codes and regulations
We offer a competitive compensation package including an attractive base salary, short term and long-term incentive plans.
Tidewater offers a comprehensive benefit program including health, dental and medical coverage, paramedical services, a healthcare spending account and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
Prince George, in central British Columbia, offers opportunity and an affordable quality of life. Population 80,000, it has four-season recreation in the natural beauty of the outdoors while offering a full range of urban, social, cultural, transportation and education amenities.
We thank all interested candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: December 11, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)